GEN 2 T4ARGHHH Build/Adventure Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORDONLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been ON Methods for 4 trucks ready for a change ...looking at the Primm Bead locks in black...going on GEN 3 with the stock 37s .....how far out does the 0 offset go...fromthe pics looks about 1/2 inch is that about right ....they look great !!

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Back in early November, we put in a order for an Oxford white 2022 Raptor equipped with the 37s performance pack. I waited for the '22 since i wanted the 37 pack but wasn't down with the tacky blue interior.

To answer those questions in advance, I got it at MSRP. The ETA is TBD. Could be 3 months, could be 8 months. I have no problem waiting so just ordered and haven't paid much attention since. I got a '20 Porsche Cayenne to replace the Raptor as a daily for my family and nothing can replace the Raptor by a long shot. Give me Porsche, Urus, RSQ8, you name it...im sticking to a Raptor ahhaha.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 12.14.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 12.13.34 PM.png

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you are in CA - which dealer?

I am - however i shopped out of state on this one. The dealer was in Vegas but they are maxed out on their allocations for Gen3s (I tried to get a few friends in on the deal but they were capped)

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11/10:

After a 25 month wait, my GEN 3 order arrived. I wasn't in a big rush for this but DAMN this thing took forever haha. I did get this car at MSRP hence why i chose to wait. I also was able to get it in my all time favorite Raptor color: Avalanche. Has the 37pp, moonroof+power tail gate. No Recaros by choice as I have a 2yr old.

Soon as I got it,
-Ceramic coated the interior myself with Gyeon quartz's interior ceramic product
-XPEL XR Plus Ceramic Tint: 20% front 2 windows, 35% windshield, 0% back 3 windows
-XPEL PPF on the door handles

Raptor-4.jpg

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12/15 Update:

-Black Rhino PRIMM in black, 17x9, 0 off set on stock tires. Stock suspension: does not rub at full compression
-APEX RPV valves for quick deflation
-Powertank 10lb Kit
-Bedslide Classic with trax rail
-Baja Designs XL80 on SPV? HD ditch brackets
-Baja Designs S2 Sports wired in a ...
-EVLMFG 3rd Brake Light housing
-X4S Bedcover
-Shorty Antenna

Will post more pictures shortly!

WawanesaRun-23.jpgWawanesaRun-28.jpgWawanesaRun-27.jpgWawanesaRun-4.jpg

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12/15:

Video of her on a first pass. This is in BAJA mode at around 60ish MPH:

FIRST TAKE:
-Since my bedslide had not arrived yet, my bed was empty. This made the ass-end bounce happy mid-video and you can see the car's butt take a jump and switch directions and head straight towards the camera man. I was able to correct it pretty quick. My GEN2 had Kings and comparing it to a stock GEN3, the GEN3's OEM Fox's are def very floaty (similiar to that of a stock gen2) which i hate because it kills confidence on high speed whoops.

-Given the above, I am waiting to see if King is going to produce a kit with IBP in both front and rear. If not, ill just get that same kit for this truck in the near future.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GEN2 VS GEN 3 OVERALL TAKE:

-Interior of a GEN3 is miles ahead of a GEN2. While i never really had complaints on my gen2, once you sit in a gen3 it makes the gen2 feel really dated. The bigger screen, digital dash, and all the tech alone makes me love the car.
-Aesthetics won't really change for me: the Gen2 exterior is superior in visual appearance IMO to that of a Gen3. I still catch myself breaking my neck for well built gen2's on the road.
-Off roading both cars in stock form: gen3 has a slight edge likely due to the 5-link rear. Nothing major IMO until you hop on the King train

For those that are wondering if its worth the switch:

My overall vote is yes.