GEN 2 SVC trac bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@zombiekiller did the track bars mitigate any wheel hop on the highway? My deavers still seem pretty lively on the highway. Since you have run deavers pre and post track bars, I was hoping you could chime in on your experience. Thanks amigo

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed these this weekend and so far they were a noticeable positive difference on the road. They keep the back end planted when you hit those uneven bumps that used to make the rear end jitter. I was worried about losing articulation and clearance but honestly this seems like a very well-built kit and I sincerely doubt I’ll lose any articulation or travel due to the Heim joints. I’ll be testing it out off-road in the coming weeks!!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
@zombiekiller did the track bars mitigate any wheel hop on the highway? My deavers still seem pretty lively on the highway. Since you have run deavers pre and post track bars, I was hoping you could chime in on your experience. Thanks amigo

yes, it will improve the hop/jitters. The most noticeable reduction in hop is when going around a corner. I have to be careful now because I know the truck will stick, so sometimes I'm inclined to see how far she'll lean before the rear end comes loose.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it will improve the hop/jitters. The most noticeable reduction in hop is when going around a corner. I have to be careful now because I know the truck will stick, so sometimes I'm inclined to see how far she'll lean before the rear end comes loose.

Awesome, that’s good to hear. I think even with Deavers these trucks are still prone to axle hop and axle wrap. Figured the track bars would help some.

Sounds fun. I’ll have to experiment once I get them ordered and installed.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any issue with clearance on the front bracket? Not that it hangs super low but I just want to make sure.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None. I’ve tagged my driveshaft yoke but not anything to do with the traction bars.

Awesome! I’m glad to hear it. Yeah SVC seems to really have done their homework on these! They fit perfect and only took me about 10 min’s to weld once I cleaned up the frame.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the trac bars with the stock rear springs, or is changing the rears to Icons or Deavers a must ?

No you can definitely use the stock leafs. It’s just the stock leafs leave much to be desired for more than just the amount of axle wrap. I have deavers and they made a massive difference overall! The trac bars just made it even better!

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you can definitely use the stock leafs. It’s just the stock leafs leave much to be desired for more than just the amount of axle wrap. I have deavers and they made a massive difference overall! The trac bars just made it even better!
Thanks, I am thinking first step of changing the leafs to Icons. Heard that makes the most/biggest diff. What exactly did you notice on and off road from changing the leafs only, before the trac bars.