GEN 2 SVC trac bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks, I am thinking first step of changing the leafs to Icons. Heard that makes the most/biggest diff. What exactly did you notice on and off road from changing the leafs only, before the trac bars.
Springs only hold the weight. Proper traction bars are the biggest difference, ones that completely eliminate the ability for the housing to wind up. Then added bonuses of mechanical leverage to give the entire truck a more balanced feel, better grip coming out of corners, consistent rear feeling. No limitations on the travel, no loss of ground clearance when speaking in a way that it's actually measured. No noteable changes to any of the three clearance angles you would be concerned with when it comes to something under the truck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Springs only hold the weight. Proper traction bars are the biggest difference, ones that completely eliminate the ability for the housing to wind up. Then added bonuses of mechanical leverage to give the entire truck a more balanced feel, better grip coming out of corners, consistent rear feeling. No limitations on the travel, no loss of ground clearance when speaking in a way that it's actually measured. No noteable changes to any of the three clearance angles you would be concerned with when it comes to something under the truck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
So would it be better to do trac bars and just run stock rear springs? What would give you the most advantage. I like the way the truck rides now, just skips around alot on the road in the rear, and same at high speed on the chattery stuff in the dirt. Any professional input would be much appreciated, hate wasting money. Thanks

Reaction score
So would it be better to do trac bars and just run stock rear springs? What would give you the most advantage. I like the way the truck rides now, just skips around alot on the road in the rear, and same at high speed on the chattery stuff in the dirt. Any professional input would be much appreciated, hate wasting money. Thanks

If it's one or the other, then I would say so from what it sounds like you're doing.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

I'd do springs. they change more of the ride dynamics for the better than traction bars.

springs will mitigate the large majority of axle wrap and handling issues. they provide a cush, linear ride. Traction bars create more positive grip, eliminate axle wrap for more extreme driving maneuvers, and in general are simply helping to locate the axle better.

Asinine

Reaction score
Finished up my install this weekend -- only have ~20 miles on the traction bars, but instantly noticed the lack of slop when getting on the gas. Didn't affect the ride, still very nice. Not as easy to spin the wheels now and haven't pushed it hard enough yet to test wheel hop.

Installed Icon springs a couple weeks ago, made a huge improvement in ride and handling. Definitely do those first, then add bars if not satisfied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts