Suspension Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjmor

Reaction score
So I'm looking at picking up either an 18 or 19 screw. The 18 has upgraded uca's and fox 3.0's front and rear. The 19 is stock with the fox live valves. My question is from a ride quality/off road performance standpoint, how close will the two trucks be?

TLDR Fox 3.0's vs Stock Fox live valve

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d take the 18 w/ the trick suspension no question, will ride better on or off-road, unlike a lot of mods would only be a selling point should you choose to do so down the road, it levels/lifts the truck for better clearance/looks & depending on setup probably have leafs done also to prevent sag.

No brainer to me

FWIW even though I wanted to buy new I exclusively shopped 2018 leftovers since I didn’t want to be one of the live valve guinea pigs for Ford + assumed (correctly @ the time) it’d be a PITA to lift/level traditional method w/ springs or collars

OP
OP
K

Kjmor

Reaction score
Solid advice so far, follow up question, how much better will the live valve 3's be over the traditional "stupid" 3.0's?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an 18 with Fox 3.0's, Deaver rear springs and Icon UCA's and it is much improved over stock. By miles. I'd take this over live valve any day. Had the equivalent in sports cars and never liked it.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my opinion is the live valve is only ok and arguably gimmicky
king or fox 3s are tried and true ride well on pavement and have a lot more capacity to control faster longer suspension travel off road

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I love the live valve.... we had both at Raptor assault, the the live valve did a better job. I also put the Fox 2.5 adjustable with reservoirs on my Tacoma, and while it rides better than a TRD Pro, its isn't even close the my 19 Raptor.....

FerdFteen

Reaction score
I have a 19, TMX did a live valve delete + installed King 3.0s front and rear. Got the truck back last week and haven't been off road yet, but on-road is no question the Kings are way better.