(Phantom) Supercharger issues already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2024 R.. Took a bit of a trip with the truck. Drove yesterday no cruise control alternating revs etc etc for breaking in still. Haven’t once been over 4k rpm. Started her up today and heard a faint whine with turn over. Upon light acceleration I hear the whine again. Acceleration feels super slow. I think the supercharger is done at 1500 miles. Drove like a grandma. Now I gotta wait until Tuesday to bring it in. FML
I’m assuming I’m correct in my assessment; anyone have similar issues?

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need more info / video clip…

Mine whines a ton now that i didn’t S&b intake and took the sound dampening plates off the supercharger lid.

Do you have any check engine lights on? Codes thrown?

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need more info / video clip…

Mine whines a ton now that i didn’t S&b intake and took the sound dampening plates off the supercharger lid.

Do you have any check engine lights on? Codes thrown?
No lights. dont have a code scanner. This is all from feel and sound. It was never making that whine this past week or so since delivery. It’s very faint. Like the trx almost. But the most telling is the acceleration and way the engine feels. Super slow and no torque at all down below in range. Since I’m staying below 4k it was really noticeable. Any video I have won’t show much really. You’d have to be listening intently on a very quiet street to hear it on acceleration but also the engine feel wouldn’t show at all

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would a CEL come on if there was an issue with the super charger? Can I assume that if there was an actual issue it would throw a light? I don’t think my feeling is incorrect but I’m wondering why nothing is showing

Hambone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go wide open throttle and see how it feels. 1500 miles is way past the have to baby it phase.
I agree. More so than mileage, it’s about the heat cycles. Shorter drives, no cruise control. Get the oil changed and let er rip.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I warmed it up and went for it but it took way too long to get up to speed. Easily double what it should. Tried changing drive modes and all. It’s feeling totally different than it did ant first. The low end has zero torque. Either the super charger or something is going on. I have zero clue. Kinda feels like a base raptor tbh.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Did you try to program a key? It used to be called MyKey back in the Jen Too era, but it almost sounds like you’ve got some throttling going on (no pun intended). Almost like valet mode, but still lets you drive.