Supercharged 6.2 VS Twin Turbo Ecoboost Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was only advising people why the EB is a less than ideal truck motor. I'm not here to debate 0-60 times or money dispensers, especially in stock trucks.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this on Truckzor, I think the Ecoboost has more than proved itself as an ideal truck motor. That being said I also think the 6.2 was as well. And I love your build, trucks super sick man.

Either way I think this is a stupid ****** thread, i'm not sure what happened to this forum but you used to come here and everyone only wanted to help each other. Now its turned into Gen 1 vs Gen 2 forum. Are we not all here because we love Raptors? Both are fantastic trucks that out match any trucks on the market, i've owned both now and I still love the gen 1 just as much as the gen 2. I don't get why we're all arguing with each other when we all love the same things.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this on Truckzor, I think the Ecoboost has more than proved itself as an ideal truck motor. That being said I also think the 6.2 was as well. And I love your build, trucks super sick man.

Either way I think this is a stupid ****** thread, i'm not sure what happened to this forum but you used to come here and everyone only wanted to help each other. Now its turned into Gen 1 vs Gen 2 forum. Are we not all here because we love Raptors? Both are fantastic trucks that out match any trucks on the market, i've owned both now and I still love the gen 1 just as much as the gen 2. I don't get why we're all arguing with each other when we all love the same things.

I think the Gen wars have calmed down a LOT lately. And I am actually a huge fan of the Gen 2 overall. My brother has one. But an ideal motor, to me, would have BOTH low end and mid range torque.

Thanks for the kind words about my truck. I actually need to update that build thread soon, I've done quite a bit more to it since then and I've also got some new stuff in the works in the next month or so (including an upgrade to the Gen 3 Whipple).

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of Ecoboosts out there that will eat a supercharged 6.2 for breakfast.

Turbo vehicles are simple to mod and usually produce huge gains with little effort.

Which engine was built to withstand 20+ psi of boost, the 3.5 or 6.2? My $ on reliability and longevity is definitely on the 3.5.

They produce torque down low, get better gas mileage, easy to mod, etc..

The one thing it lacks is the rawrrr of a v8. Maybe someone will produce a fake engine noise track that gen 2’s can use to simulate a v8

LOL, the 6.2L doesn't need 20 lbs. of boost to beat a 3.5L

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Here’s an ecoboost supercrew F150 4x4 running 11s:

https://southernspeedinc.com/worlds-fastest-f150-ecoboost/amp/

How close has a supercharged 6.2 come to matching that?

Heavily modded and I believe it was running E85 or **** ( I honestly can't remember right now) on little tires and 1000 lbs. lighter.
And I doubt the engine will last with the Tune peak out like that.

Last edited:

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...the 7.0 v8 is coming soon for the raptor...

There's a 7.0 coming!?!? Where's the thread on that!!!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Which engine was built to withstand 20+ psi of boost, the 3.5 or 6.2?

20 lbs boost??? How about "none of the above". What OE gas motor can keep the heads on at 20lbs boost?

ace75

Reaction score
Quite a few of the turbo 4 cylinder cars boost over 20psi. Golf r’s, evo’s the focus rs, sti’s , etc. Evos usually go up to 27 or so on stock blocks with the boost turned up.

Last edited:

Brandon###

Reaction score
There's a 7.0 coming!?!? Where's the thread on that!!!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

20 lbs boost??? How about "none of the above". What OE gas motor can keep the heads on at 20lbs boost?

There are lots of OE gas motors that can run 20 psi of boost while keeping the heads intact. Most of those being engines that came with turbos from the factory.

A 30 year old GN will run 28# all day long if tuned right and with methanol (stock it came with 14#)

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are lots of OE gas motors that can run 20 psi of boost while keeping the heads intact. Most of those being engines that came with turbos from the factory.

A 30 year old GN will run 28# all day long if tuned right and with methanol (stock it came with 14#)

Quite a few of the turbo 4 cylinder cars boost over 20psi. Golf r’s, evo’s the focus rs, sti’s , etc. Evos usually go up to 27 or so on stock blocks with the boost turned up.

Turning up the wick on track day doesn't count. The original quote was "reliably". But I'll cede you the victory anyway. I didn't think many OE's would live at all under that kind of boost. Although, I still say you're crazy running 20+ on a OEM daily driver.I

I love me some forced induction, but why go through all the trouble trying to coax power out of a small motor? I get why the little go-carts do it, but when you have all the space of a full-size pickup it just seems foolish. You get better power AND mileage out of the larger displacement.

Brandon###

Reaction score
Turning up the wick on track day doesn't count. The original quote was "reliably". But I'll cede you the victory anyway. I didn't think many OE's would live at all under that kind of boost. Although, I still say you're crazy running 20+ on a OEM daily driver.I

I love me some forced induction, but why go through all the trouble trying to coax power out of a small motor? I get why the little go-carts do it, but when you have all the space of a full-size pickup it just seems foolish. You get better power AND mileage out of the larger displacement.

All that trouble? That’s my point, there is no “trouble” when getting more power out of a turbo car. It’s a tune, maybe a methanol kit if you want even more power.

Either way both can easily be installed in a few hours in your driveway. Adds 100hp+ and 100ft lb +.

Considering that small motor already has more power than the 6.2, it just makes the truck even more fun.

My GN has an engine that has never been opened, completely stock long block, and has been running 28# for years. I have no doubt a turbo engine built in the 21st century will last just fine with 20#+ .

Last edited: