Sunroof/Moonroof opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
So during the day it's a sunroof, and during the night it's. Moonroof :O

This is just crazy talk.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Well, based on the responses we will get the Moonroof, use it probably twice a year, and try to remember to close it when approaching a water hazard with any speed. Is there a pretty decent airflow with the roof and rear window open at the same time and if so is there any buffeting? Thanks.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Well, based on the responses we will get the Moonroof, use it probably twice a year, and try to remember to close it when approaching a water hazard with any speed. Is there a pretty decent airflow with the roof and rear window open at the same time and if so is there any buffeting? Thanks.

That's hands down the best part for me.. having the roof cracked open with the rear window open provides a nice circulation while having the roof open fully and the back window open is awesome!

No buffeting that I have noticed though it's been cold as hell here so I didn't leave it open all that long, just enough to test it and see how nice a flow it was.

~BGM

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That was better than I expected to hear, but exactly what I wanted to hear! I have a Super Duty Crew Cab without the moonroof. If I open the rear window only.........no air flow. If I open front driver or passenger window at speed I get good flow, but with leaves, Spanish moss, and sand up on my neck and dash that was in the bed which generates "spicy" language quickly. If I open 2 windows only, I get buffeting with wind noise. My wife won't allow all 4 windows open because somehow our kids are literally going to get sucked out and run over by many semi trucks even belted in. I tell her this is unlikely, but she says it could happen. Oh well, noisy with all 4 open anyway. Thanks for the info. With all the info on this site, it's like a virtual test drive!