New to me 2017 802A NO Moonroof/Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. About 6 months ago I purchased a used White 2017 SCREW 802A, tech package, fully loaded but without moonroof or any decals. Have owned many trucks and always wanted a raptor, finally made it happen. Truck is awesome, rides amazing.

In browsing the forum i noticed that the 802A fully loaded w tech pkg, rear heated seats, etc. but without moonroof seems to be rare, is that accurate? Some of the posts were hard to interpret how much sarcasm they had (who would've though haha). I would have bought the truck with a moonroof but had read about the various issued with them and preferred without. In doing more research this truck looks like a unique build w/o the moonroof and w/o graphics, im wondering if it was a custom order (i bought from a dealer, 2 owner truck including me).

Anyway just wanted to do an intro and float the question out to the experts on this forum. Wondering how unique the truck set-up is, and if that would have any real-world impact on resale value down the road?

Will post some pics soon, need to upload them.

-Bill

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very rare, almost all thru custom order iirc, most dealers ordered 802as with the leakroofs.
Im not sure what counts as a custom order for it to be on the window sticker, but if you have one you can check thru that. Mines an 802a without it and doesnt say custom anywhere

As for value it depends, mine was priced a bit lower since it didnt have one (the option did add cost technically) and since these trucks are more of a luxury item these days most want them. But some will pay more for having less potential problems so ymmv

OP
OP
2017WhiteRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, that is helpful. I agree that it's a catch 22 bc the moonroof added cost and generic value generators would add value for it, but in the real world i think a lot of Raptor enthusiasts would pay more to not have it. Appreciate the input.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time poster. About 6 months ago I purchased a used White 2017 SCREW 802A, tech package, fully loaded but without moonroof or any decals. Have owned many trucks and always wanted a raptor, finally made it happen. Truck is awesome, rides amazing.
Welcome to FRF
Pictures; Or you really bought a prius

In browsing the forum i noticed that the 802A fully loaded w tech pkg, rear heated seats, etc. but without moonroof seems to be rare, is that accurate?

Saying a Raptor without a moonroof is rare is understatement like saying Babe Ruth was an ok hitter.
I don’t think anyone but Ford has official numbers, but if I had to guess based on first attempting to buy one, striking out and seeing just how few of them were out there, my guess would be that 1-2 percent of Raptors were built without the moonroof.

I looked at... over 200, but less than 250 before buying in 2017, in all of that searching I found 1 and only one without a moonroof in stealership inventory - it was a ‘stripper’, 800a with no options in Leonardtown, MD. They do come up for sale on FRF once in a while and you’re right - a good many of us would pay more to have the Rap without the moonroof.
That was another $2700-ish (?) spent I really didn’t want to spend - graphics and moonroof, but every other truck I called on sported an ADM of $5k or more. The 2nd best deal I found was one without graphics for +$2k and since mine was at MSRP, it wasn’t worth it to chase down that truck which was way further away.

Is this you?
133357_IMG_3055.jpg

:)

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF

Saying a Raptor without a moonroof is rare is understatement like saying Babe Ruth was an ok hitter.
I don’t think anyone but Ford has official numbers, but if I had to guess based on first attempting to buy one, striking out and seeing just how few of them were out there, my guess would be that 1-2 percent of Raptors were built without the moonroof.

I looked at... over 200, but less than 250 before buying in 2017, in all of that searching I found 1 and only one without a moonroof in stealership inventory - it was a ‘stripper’, 800a with no options in Leonardtown, MD. They do come up for sale on FRF once in a while and you’re right - a good many of us would pay more to have the Rap without the moonroof.
That was another $2700-ish (?) spent I really didn’t want to spend - graphics and moonroof, but every other truck I called on sported an ADM of $5k or more. The 2nd best deal I found was one without graphics for +$2k and since mine was at MSRP, it wasn’t worth it to chase down that truck which was way further away.

Is this you?
View attachment 419006

yeah ive only seen 3 802as without the moonroof in 2 years of looking. 2 of the three were extra unicorn since they had the recaros too.

OP
OP
2017WhiteRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF

Is this you?
View attachment 419006

Appreciate the commentary, funny as always. i think your posts were some of the ones i was reading about the rarity of the combo, so appreciate the insight.

Finally got a pic uploaded from the day i bought it, need ot post some better ones. previous owner powder coated the stock wheels black, which i like on the white truck. basically stock besides that, and most importantly in great shape and appears to have been babied (No scuffs on the skid plates or frame from jumping, no rock chips, etc). i drove a 2019 with less miles and it drove much worse and had signs of being driven for some videos im sure ended up on Youtube...

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
2017WhiteRaptor
Reaction score
yeah ive only seen 3 802as without the moonroof in 2 years of looking. 2 of the three were extra unicorn since they had the recaros too.
That makes sense, thanks. I knew I preferred no Moonroof but didnt realize how unique that set-up was. I never actually saw a truck in person with the Recaros. I didnt love the blue outside of it being in a blue truck, but heard some people like them while others dont.