Sunroof/Moonroof opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will be ordering a Raptor. Our history is the Mrs. picks the color and convenience options and I pick the mechanical "stuff". The stock truck is perfectly fine with me. She likes the sunroof/moonroof and graphics and I have no problem with the $$$ and the truck will be babied, but what are the opinions on the subject. I see it as trouble waiting to happen and a possible safety issue, but what are others thinking on the issue? Thanks in advance, Dave.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love mine. I've driven the hell out of my truck on road, off road and thru the air and the sunroof still performs as new. It's proven invaluable when wanting to take some driving action shots; open it up pop the camera up and shoot away. Very handy.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
SAme. Launched my truck numerous times, blasted through 2'+ whoops for miles and the sunroof has never had an issue. I love mine. Its nice in the warmer months to have that open but not the windows. Or vent it and open the sliding window. Cant have another vehicle without it now

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine. I've driven the hell out of my truck on road, off road and thru the air and the sunroof still performs as new. It's proven invaluable when wanting to take some driving action shots; open it up pop the camera up and shoot away. Very handy.

I thought you just needed the head room! :lol:

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If money is not an issue, seems like a no brainer. I can't say I have one on mine, but from the comments above looks like a good piece of gear. Personally, I could not see it being a good thing for me. I.e., it costs extra, and I never use the one on my wife's car. We have high aspirations to use it but every time we do it just allows the sun to blast you in the face. Never really used it at night I guess. Hmm.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to have one on my old car. It was nice but I rarely used it. I got my Raptor last week and I can't say that I miss the moonroof.