Sunroof/Moonroof opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor108

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had an F150 sunroof leak. I've had my Raptor sunroof tinted "limo black" This way I can keep the shade always open, and the cab feels more light and open.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had one on every vehicle in our family since 1988. Never had a problem.

I love them.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine. I've driven the hell out of my truck on road, off road and thru the air and the sunroof still performs as new. It's proven invaluable when wanting to take some driving action shots; open it up pop the camera up and shoot away. Very handy.
Just don't forget to close it when playing in the mud! ;)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the old days sunroofs may have been a reliability or quality concern. Those days are gone.

if you want a sunroof (or moonroof) go for it.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I think the option is neat but not worth it if you won't use it. My first raptor had one maybe opened it twice. When we ordered the eleven my wife said all options need to be the same. I think we've opened it twice in last year so there is thousand bucks i dont use.

I will say each time I opened it was because my son was throwing a fit opening the roof was only thing at time to make him happy. So if you have kids might be good option.

Last edited: