Suggestions on Window tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ceramic tint, even on a very light shade blocks a lot of heat. thats why i use it. not to darken the windows, but to keep it cooler inside. and you dont get baked when sitting in traffic and the sun is shining through on you.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would match the front to the rear that is already tinted...I will say since getting the windows tinted...no more squinting...using the visor and it really keeps the heat at bay...

Plus the main benefit, if you drive a lot, is it protects from the UV rays that can well give you cancer...

If you have laws that do not allow tint...get a doctors note got to your DMV and get a waiver and tint within reason...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha...can you aftermarket tint the rear with the defroster?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha...can you aftermarket tint the rear with the defroster?

I did.

I have no clue what type of tint I have but I did 5% all around over stock tint and all. Also did the brow on the windshield. I like the look and how it helps with heat and excessive sunlight in the cab

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They would not match the front to the 20% rear...so I have 35% on the front...nothing on the windshield...we can limo tint the back but can only go 35% on the front with a Drs approval and no windshield...

This is the first vehicle I have tinted and it is amazing how well the tint keeps the heat and helps with sun glare...

FLuiDSVT

Reaction score
Mine's Limo all the way around with a brow on the windshield and the 80% ceramic. Looks great and helps the heat a lot. Seeing at night would be fine without the glare from the gauges but i just do the ol crack the window for left turns trick :) Highly suggest anyone interested in tint look into a shop that computer cuts the tint on a plotter. Very happy with my results from this process and I have 0 gap all the way to the top of the window!!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of things aren't legal but something like this, unless you're already doing something wrong, usually isn't reason enough to pull you over and ticket you. I know some states are nazis about it though.

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He didnt have any tint wide enough to do my windshield. Only charged $100 to do all of the windows though. He sent pictures and it looks great... I might get the windshield done later on.