suggestions on new amp/sub install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew5580

Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance. I just received my 2013 white super crew a few months ago. I want to upgrade my stereo and I have a system id like to put in in mind. I currently own a JL HD900/5 amp and have focals for my door speakers. For my sub i am looking at replacing it in the same stock location so i don't lose as much flat floor space as possible for my american bulldog and beagle. This is what sub box/combo I would like to pair with this amp.
JL Audio CS113TG TW5V2 13 5" Shallow Truck Box Enclosure w 13TW5V2 2 Subwoofer 699440932554 | eBay

(also available 4ohm model not sure which i should be looking at)

any input would be appreciated as to power of amp and speaker and if it fits under passenger seat. I know it will stick out a bit, just worried about height.

I also want to keep my ford touch completely stock so any help with that would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!

Andy

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the jl woofer will take up a bit more space than the oem. also you are going to need a summing device of some sort. the height of the box is fine but not a good fit

OP
OP
D

drew5580

Reaction score
I realize it will take up more space than the oem box, I can live with that. Was just wondering how you think it will match up to that amp and I thought it beat the alternative which is the box under the bigger seat. This should only stick out a few inches from smaller seat correct? I am in my truck alone most of the time, sometimes with my wife and barely never with anyone I'm back. More worried about floor space for dogs and shopping for my business.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Also what excatly do you mean by "not a good fit"? Thanks again

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice is to get nosbusa to build a custom box for you and put an amp in there. He can keep it where you want it. That's the route i went with and couldn't be happier

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i would also like some options for a sub set up to replace the factory sub to go under the single seat in the same spot as the old one. i was thinking about a custom box to take up the space under the single seat then mounting the amp behind the single seat. what you got nobusa.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just took a look at my truck (crew) and it looks like i can fit a 12in woofer there under the 1/3 section, however the amp will have to go in another location. i will build one in the next few days and see what i come up with

by the way, vendor status soon, so these will be available for purchase in the near future

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just took a look at my truck (crew) and it looks like i can fit a 12in woofer there under the 1/3 section, however the amp will have to go in another location. i will build one in the next few days and see what i come up with

by the way, vendor status soon, so these will be available for purchase in the near future

that perfect! theres lots of room to mount an amp behind the seat ive seen a few installs with the amps back there.