Amp/sub enclosure location options on truck with pro power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for options to install sub enclosure and amp rack in truck with the pro power setup? I’ve done both behind the seat and under the seat full setups in my other raptors but this looks problematic. Just looking for ideas.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it out. Yes it is in the way because it fills the tray area under the seat. Which means only place to mount amps is the rear wall and use the rest of the area under the seat for a sub enclosure. I was trying not to have a big enclosure under the seat again and go with a behind the seat option for subs. The only option to have everything behind the seat is to cut back to one sub on the left and amp rack on the right. Don’t know if I want to downgrade though.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep got 2 JL 13.5 subs and 2 larger JL amps to re use not pushing the limits but definitely over the norm.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_5204.jpegAgreed I have them crammed in one of these. I should have gone with 12‘s

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured it out. Yes it is in the way because it fills the tray area under the seat. Which means only place to mount amps is the rear wall and use the rest of the area under the seat for a sub enclosure. I was trying not to have a big enclosure under the seat again and go with a behind the seat option for subs. The only option to have everything behind the seat is to cut back to one sub on the left and amp rack on the right. Don’t know if I want to downgrade though.
Using one JL 13.5, this setup would work should you decide to downgrade…

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not just get the sound good sub package that fits everything behind the seat?

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed but I have a whole system I am moving over from my 2017 gen 2 to my 2023. Consisting of couple large amps and very large subs under the rear seat. Was looking to place the large subs behind seat in another box and relocate amps to under seat tray but with the 2k onboard power system the trays are filled so that’s not an option. Also not looking to throw down another 4K+ when I already did. Could just cut down to one 13.5 sub behind the seat but still would be a very tight fit with the 2 amps crossovers pac AP4 and power and ground blocks all behind the back seat. Instead of dropping the cash again I’m just gonna do my last setup and just deal with the under the seat subs.