Successful Raptor Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow...I left for a couple of hours, came back and Miley is still going strong shoveling for success in all the wrong places....sad for Billy Ray and all those who idolized her Hanna M. alter ego over the years. Proof positive that people define success in pretty bizarre ways once some recognition and gobs of $$ come their way. Something tells me that this story doesn't end well.... IJS

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you feel success is measured by the toys you have then you have a lot to learn. Maybe I missed understood the thread title and I guess everyone else did also. [Yes. I was successful at purchasing a Raptor.] And don't invite me to leave! You have zero authority to do that. Don't start measuring ****'s when you don't know who your measuring with. Could cause you some major embarrassment BOY!

Why is it always about *****. I always lose this game. Damn it.

OP
OP
alexlaughlin

alexlaughlin

Reaction score
Wow...I left for a couple of hours, came back and Miley is still going strong shoveling for success in all the wrong places....sad for Billy Ray and all those who idolized her Hanna M. alter ego over the years. Proof positive that people define success in pretty bizarre ways once some recognition and gobs of $$ come their way. Something tells me that this story doesn't end well.... IJS

Isn't that the truth... From total Disney innocence to this...

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 21 and got my raptor as a graduation present, after a ****** freshman year of college I started working for an oilfield chemical company I make 15 bucks an hour. I go to school part time and work full time, lets just say my truck eats my lunch, this is in no means any measure of success but very soon I aspire to prosper financially as many of you have.

Certainly a very generous gift

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing well, but the Raptor and buying a car for a friend were two of my worst "investments".

My rental home has a 5.5% apr and HUD insurance fees, so that kinda sucks for paying down interest.

Main house is 3.85% and I only owe 1/4 of what its worth. This is my biggest asset which my dad left to my brother and me when he passed a few years ago. My brother wanted to sell it and split the money, but the property taxes are only $1,200/yr, but they would be $9k if I were to have not had it in a trust. So I bought my brother out and gave him a $150k IRA and $250k I got from taking out the 30 year home loan. I am doing a lot of the remodel work myself with help from friends, aside from electrical.

Another dumb "investment" was using $14k of the remodel money for raptor mods... I added up last years expenses for gas, loan payment, mods, etc. on the raptor and came up with $30k. :(

My house is small, 750 sq ft but I have about 700 sq ft+ in space for the 2 garages and basement. The yard is really large too and I hope to add on to the house in 10 years when I have a family/money.

Also got a sailboat, splitting it between my bro, myself, and a friend. 1969 Cal 28' Jensen in Redondo Harbor.

The rest of the stuff I am not going to list, so I don't get robbed :) Nothing too crazy, just some comforts.

Attachments

• rental.png
    rental.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 61
  • home.png
    home.png
    582.9 KB · Views: 59
  • WP_20130408_007.jpg
    WP_20130408_007.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: