Strange shift after letting off gas while flooring it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys been noticing when I'm foot to the floor driving hard that a strange shift happens after I let off the gas and let the truck coast. When I start approaching 3.5k rpm's the truck shifts gears and jerks up to almost 6k rpm's and then returns back to 4k and gets back to gear it was in before. To onlookers it would look like I stomped on the brakes as hard as I could and then quickly let off... Been running with a SCT tuner for years and it's been a perfect ride but as of late I've been having this problem ... Anyone else experience this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys been noticing when I'm foot to the floor driving hard that a strange shift happens after I let off the gas and let the truck coast. When I start approaching 3.5k rpm's the truck shifts gears and jerks up to almost 6k rpm's and then returns back to 4k and gets back to gear it was in before. To onlookers it would look like I stomped on the brakes as hard as I could and then quickly let off... Been running with a SCT tuner for years and it's been a perfect ride but as of late I've been having this problem ... Anyone else experience this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could try returning the truck back to stock run for a bit and then out the tune back on. Sounds like something goofy with the pcm.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How long has the tune been loaded? I know exactly what you're talking about. I always contributed it to confusion within the shift patterns. The truck can't determine exactly what you're trying to do so sometimes in extreme circumstances it does goofy things that aren't quite what you wanted it to do.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Last edited: