No gas in lines is it possible too prime it before cranking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MUDRAPTR

Reaction score
I have a fuel leak undetermined exactly where, but I think near the fuel pump. Last time tried to start just cranked no start. Because of air in the lines.
Before that I was still driving it and if parked a few hours berfore restarting then it would crank a few times before starting. But it always started before. There was a fuse blown and it has been replaced but have not tried to crank it yet. Was looking for input if it would be helpful to somehow add fuel to the lines near the motor so it could start easily or would that just be a waste of time -Thank you in advance! My 2011 usually sees dirt and mud everyday and I love it. Extremely fun any other vehicle would be broke!

Attachments

• 16903395277948040144175667645593.jpg
    16903395277948040144175667645593.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
MUDRAPTR

MUDRAPTR

Reaction score
Yes was flowing slow ripples of fuel from the center top area of the tank down the side toward the drive shaft after driving. But it had sat a few days since the last time I drove it and the flowing had already stopped when it would not start for me (so that's when i drpped the tank and also replaced tank straps and bolts). But I could not see where it had been coming out of when dropped the tank thinking it would have been obvious . If I can start the raptor up then I plan to drop the tank again after driving too see the leaks location .

OP
OP
MUDRAPTR

MUDRAPTR

Reaction score
Tried to start it twice and it just cranked. Fuse 27 still good and and when ignition is turned on you can hear the whine of the feul pump for a second.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you get hold of a OBDII scanner and see if and there are any error codes?

Check the wire harness going down the back of the engine on the passenger side to the tranny.
Make sure nothing is melted by the exhaust.

How does the wire harness look coming down the front drivers side frame to the rear?
That's a notorious spot for the harness to get chewed up off-roading.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what condition was fuse 27? its best to do the mod immediately to rule it out. theres someone giving one away in the pay it forward thread. just pay shipping on it. fuse 27 is notorious for crank but no start, even when the fuse looks good. its probably to quickest modification you can do, and will prevent the truck shutting down while driving. after that, go into the fuel system