GEN 2 Strange problems need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor and recently started having some intermittent/strange problems, took to dealer and after first attempt nothing is fixed so thought I would ask here before taking back second time.

First issue is with radio. I have my 6 preset stations to FM and recently while scrolling through the presets using steering wheel buttons when going from 6 to 1 or 2 to 1 it goes to AM 1080, then 5 - 10 minutes later while scrolling it will go to the normal FM preset. Again intermittent but don't understand the frequency jump. After dealer checked and found nothing wrong now it completely by passes station 1. After manually resetting preset #1 it doesn't seem to save it and reverts back to the station the dealer put in the preset. Again minor issue but any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Not sure if changing to the new 3.4 sync software would help any or not.

Second issue seems to be with remote start or something that works between heat and cooling of interior. When remote starting on a hot day in September coming out of work truck didn't start cooling down and seat cooler wasn't on. Only happened one time though. Now in winter and remote started truck the other cold morning and when I went out frost was still on windshield, seat was cold, steering wheel cold and interior of truck cold. I haven't changed any settings or the key fob and not sure what the issue is or what part of the truck it might be with. This is the start of my 3rd winter and up until recently all these features worked fine. So again looking for thoughts or ideas.

Truck is still under warranty and going back to dealer but just thought I would share here to get ideas or to see if there is something I could try myself that might fix one or both issues.

Thanks

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Are you using the same fob each time? Not sure, but I thought I read somewhere that they can remember settings. Again, not sure, as I have always used the same one of the two I was given. Or maybe has to do with the door driver settings buttons?

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah using the same fob all the time.

I'll check the dash settings but dealer mentioned that with the temp or last known settings when exiting vehicle. I'll do some checking to see if there is anything I can change myself or try.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
last known settings when exiting vehicle: not truth.
my remote start is always :
steering wheel on
driver seat 3 red dot
after a little time i have always heating driving seat at one red dot and shut down steering wheel

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last known settings when exiting vehicle: not truth.
my remote start is always :
steering wheel on
driver seat 3 red dot
after a little time i have always heating driving seat at one red dot and shut down steering wheel

This is how mine always was when getting in truck as well and it still is once I push the start button but the problem is none of those things are already in process of warming up. Like you after a few minutes I turn off steering wheel and bump seat heater down to one or off. I'll check this setting and see.

Also in summer time when I get in the seat is cold 3 dots on.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2017 doesn’t have the indicators on but the seat is slightly preheated. When you hit start you need to turn it all on manually but they definitely preheated before that.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 doesn’t have the indicators on but the seat is slightly preheated. When you hit start you need to turn it all on manually but they definitely preheated before that.

This is my first “winter” with mine and I’ve noticed the steering wheel is warm but the seat seems normal. Maybe it is warm. It never seems like my seat is cool in summer unless I leave it for a while, which could be the a/c hitting it or it’s just too hot in Florida for it to work quickly. Having the lights on must be a newer model thing.