GEN 2 Stock Tire Replacement Suggestions +1 sized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
I just put Eibach springs and Ridge Grapplers on my 17, stock wheels.
No rubbing, haven't had it offroad with new setup.....Nittos were quieter than the ko2's at 25k. Grip better in rain, so far really pleased with them. Forgot....35 Grapplers....hell getting old

SRPRACING

Reaction score
Yes that’s the manufacturers listing but when actually measured on the truck I got around 33”. Not saying everyone will get that measurement but on my setup that’s what I got. Everyone’s will be different

OP
OP
iumbastu

iumbastu

Reaction score
I just put Eibach springs and Ridge Grapplers on my 17, stock wheels.
No rubbing, haven't had it offroad with new setup.....Nittos were quieter than the ko2's at 25k. Grip better in rain, so far really pleased with them. Forgot....35 Grapplers....hell getting old

Solid feedback (and thank you to everyone else that has posted). So you went with the 35x12.50R17LT That was the one I was keeping an eye on as well. Anyone else try 35's ?

OP
OP
iumbastu

iumbastu

Reaction score
Mine leveled with 35 toyo RTs rub at full lock. You can trim a small portion on the inner well so it won’t.

Will or won't work post trimming. I think if I read your quote correctly you meant to say, 'once trimmed well work!'

OP
OP
iumbastu

iumbastu

Reaction score
Your oem tire is 34.4. I seriously hope you are kidding about running a 33 as that would be going backwards. Run a true 35 or a 37.

Yeah that was an overzealous keyboard adding in 33 prior to the real target of the discussion. 35 or 37's. Good gut check and my bad.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Solid feedback (and thank you to everyone else that has posted). So you went with the 35x12.50R17LT That was the one I was keeping an eye on as well. Anyone else try 35's ?

Go back and read this thread, 35x12.50x17s are virtually the same size as stock tires. There could be minor differences between brands and tires within the same brand, but they are all about 34.4" tall when mounted on the same width wheel, tire pressure and truck weight. And no, stock KO2s are not 33" tall on a stock diameter wheel with reasonable thread remaining

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that’s the manufacturers listing but when actually measured on the truck I got around 33”. Not saying everyone will get that measurement but on my setup that’s what I got. Everyone’s will be different

Go back and try again and this time put a level on top of the tire to get the correct measurement.

kcNWoW.jpg

SRPRACING

Reaction score
Not gonna argue just saying mine measure out to 33” again many factors contribute to this. Weight, wheel width, etc. 307cdf6c1646a5d3aff92d9d7967a822.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: