Stock Raptor hitch is very weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
Maybe because he said what he towed? ******* moron...
Couldn't help but antagonize you. Read your previous posts in this thread and figured you would immediately go into attack mode again. Your posts come off as you being a very angry person who can't accept anyone else's point of view if it's different than yours.

If you have pulled thousands of lbs more than the OP with no issue then great. All he is saying is he has an issue and a fix for it if anyone else has the same problem and all you want to do is attack him and essentially call him a liar. I don't see how that helps him or anyone else.

Go ahead and let me have it, I'm sure it will make you feel better.

Sorry for derailing your thread Ray.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't help but antagonize you. Read your previous posts in this thread and figured you would immediately go into attack mode again. Your posts come off as you being a very angry person who can't accept anyone else's point of view if it's different than yours.

If you have pulled thousands of lbs more than the OP with no issue then great. All he is saying is he has an issue and a fix for it if anyone else has the same problem and all you want to do is attack him and essentially call him a liar. I don't see how that helps him or anyone else.

I think you're the one missing the point. The title of this thread is "Stock Raptor hitch is very weak" he based this on the weight of his load and that he noticed the receiver at an angle that he claims wasn't like that before hooking up his trailer.

We have some people saying their receiver is at a slight angle from the factory while others saying it's perfectly level. We have no one who has claimed a bend after towing that wasn't there before and we have folks here who are towing a LOT more weight than the OP.

If we are to take OP at his word that his hitch was level before connecting his trailer, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there was simply a defect with his, or he ****** something up. I don't think it's reasonable to simply accept the OP's claim that the stock hitch is weak which his is the only known case we know of. Unless you are of the opinion that his example is the norm, and literally everyone else has been lucky?

Gilligan

Reaction score

Yeah. Sure.

When people post wrong info, are corrected, and continue to post said wrong info they deserve to be talked down to. Don’t be mad at me because you and your boyfriend are ******* morons

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
I think you're the one missing the point. The title of this thread is "Stock Raptor hitch is very weak" he based this on the weight of his load and that he noticed the receiver at an angle that he claims wasn't like that before hooking up his trailer.

We have some people saying their receiver is at a slight angle from the factory while others saying it's perfectly level. We have no one who has claimed a bend after towing that wasn't there before and we have folks here who are towing a LOT more weight than the OP.

If we are to take OP at his word that his hitch was level before connecting his trailer, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there was simply a defect with his, or he ****** something up. I don't think it's reasonable to simply accept the OP's claim that the stock hitch is weak which his is the only known case we know of. Unless you are of the opinion that his example is the norm, and literally everyone else has been lucky?
As I stated in a previous post, I am of the opinion it was manufactured that way. My experience is that Ford built them this way for some reason (or at least allowed a bad batch of them to be installed this way) because I have personally seen several that tilt down just like the OP's hitch. I actually took my hitch to the local dealership and put it in the receiver of several F150's, non of which were Raptors, and they all had a downward angle. The hitch on my 2018 is the same way and I noticed it before I even towed with it the first time so it was not bent from overloading it.

I agree that this may be an isolated case and maybe a frustrated owner who is venting. My point is there is a way to question someone's opinion or experiences without telling them they are stupid as Gilligan did earlier. That just makes people not want to share info.

Gilligan

Reaction score
As I stated in a previous post, I am of the opinion it was manufactured that way. My experience is that Ford built them this way for some reason (or at least allowed a bad batch of them to be installed this way) because I have personally seen several that tilt down just like the OP's hitch. I actually took my hitch to the local dealership and put it in the receiver of several F150's, non of which were Raptors, and they all had a downward angle. The hitch on my 2018 is the same way and I noticed it before I even towed with it the first time so it was not bent from overloading it.

I agree that this may be an isolated case and maybe a frustrated owner who is venting. My point is there is a way to question someone's opinion or experiences without telling them they are stupid as Gilligan did earlier. That just makes people not want to share info.

PERFECT! When stupid people have to think before speaking it cuts down on bad info!! Someone will surely come across this thread one day, skim it, and come to the conclusion they have a faulty hitch when thats not the case.

5+ pages of friendly posts didn't get the point across, but yeah i'm sure a few more pats on the ******* head would have done the job...... Go vote for Hillary again and hope for a softer world somewhere else. This aint your safe space

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
Yeah. Sure.

When people post wrong info, are corrected, and continue to post said wrong info they deserve to be talked down to. Don’t be mad at me because you and your boyfriend are ******* morons
I'm not mad at you at all. You just proved my point, thank you.

Gilligan

Reaction score
There used to be a towing link that would put an end to these ridiculous threads immediately. Apparently we need to bring that back.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gilligan, relax, I ordered these for you. It appears they are good for 10 hours by the description. Not clear why in this thread you are so aggressive, and now you've resorted to the gay connotation. Mamula is that you? LOL.

Last edited: