Stock Raptor hitch is very weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Gilligan, relax, I ordered these for you. It appears they are good for 10 hours by the description. Not clear why in this thread you are so aggressive, and now you've resorted to the gay connotation. Mamula is that you? LOL.

JULwlh.jpg

Cant even think up your own lines? Come the **** on... How are you people so bad at this?!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You ******* are clearly new around here if you think having the opportunity to call a ******** a ******** means i'm in a bad mood. You really underestimate the amount of joy your stupidity brings me.

Why so aggressive? You barge into a legitimate thread and everyone is a F'n idiot but you. Why drop the F bomb? Do what I tell my 2 YO grandson, "Use your words"

Last edited:

Gilligan

Reaction score
Why so aggressive? You barge into a legitimate thread and everyone is a F'n idiot but you. Why drop the F bomb? Do what I tell my 2 YO grandson, "Use your words"

hXlKBx.png

A legitimate thread? Stop being a ******* idiot. Done with you, feel free to have the last word as we know you won't be able to sleep otherwise.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great to know this thread and the folks who legitimately seek the answers and knowledge live RENT -FREE in your head tonight..

OP
OP
R

Ray Knight

Reaction score
I think you're the one missing the point. The title of this thread is "Stock Raptor hitch is very weak" he based this on the weight of his load and that he noticed the receiver at an angle that he claims wasn't like that before hooking up his trailer.

We have some people saying their receiver is at a slight angle from the factory while others saying it's perfectly level. We have no one who has claimed a bend after towing that wasn't there before and we have folks here who are towing a LOT more weight than the OP.

If we are to take OP at his word that his hitch was level before connecting his trailer, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there was simply a defect with his, or he ****** something up. I don't think it's reasonable to simply accept the OP's claim that the stock hitch is weak which his is the only known case we know of. Unless you are of the opinion that his example is the norm, and literally everyone else has been lucky?
Well i'm not relying on you to make a warranty decision so why do you care? Also i'm not even bothering to take it to the dealer to fix. I don't trust the stock hitch. That is that. Why would i want a new stock hitch i don't trust anyways? In this case i was literally ajusting the ball height and fine tuning it to get the trailer as level as possible. I was setting it up, measuring tongue distance to ground, measuring front and rear of the trailer. Driving and measuring from a few spots on the road to make sure it was as level as possible. The trailer was 1/2" high in the front when i left and lower than level when i got back. Nothing changed. Measured in the same spot, etc. How can this be? Because it BENT! Simple as that. I noticed visibly the angle how bad it was t after taking the trailer off.

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
I really can't believe I wasted 30 minutes reading thru the garbage posted on this thread by idiots.

Bottom line these trucks were engineered to go fast over harsh desert terrain, hence the term Born in Baja. They are not designed to be tow rigs. Check out the U tube movie - ford raptor born in baja, they didn't tow a trailer to LaPaz.

I used my Gen1 for towing like 4 times and my Gen 2 twice. A 14ft box trailer with two Harley's in it, roughly 4k lbs, well under the tow rating. No bent hitches. The first time I towed with it I quickly realized the suspension is not set for towing. I had a F350 SD diesel for that chore until some cartel ******* stole it. I now use a C5500 Kodiak (got it dirt cheap).

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i'm not relying on you to make a warranty decision so why do you care? Also i'm not even bothering to take it to the dealer to fix. I don't trust the stock hitch. That is that. Why would i want a new stock hitch i don't trust anyways? In this case i was literally ajusting the ball height and fine tuning it to get the trailer as level as possible. I was setting it up, measuring tongue distance to ground, measuring front and rear of the trailer. Driving and measuring from a few spots on the road to make sure it was as level as possible. The trailer was 1/2" high in the front when i left and lower than level when i got back. Nothing changed. Measured in the same spot, etc. How can this be? Because it BENT! Simple as that. I noticed visibly the angle how bad it was t after taking the trailer off.

You’re thinking way to highly of yourself. I don’t care what you do. I was talking about the truck.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've towed my #5K+ pound car trailer without a distribution hitch for 1,000's of miles without issue. I do have to place the car correctly to adjust tongue weight though.