Stock Raptor hitch is very weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was in a parking lot with 3 other raptors. A '17, '19 and my '20. All had the same hitch profile with a slight downward angle. I'm with others on here that think it's normal.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"That angle? Nah, that's an anti-rust feature. It's sloped like that to keep the water from pooling in there."

The non-Raptor 2015-2017 F150 front bumpers/brackets were designed or stamped wrong and are frowny-faced looking at the front bumper from the passenger side. Still see them every day. Just like the wavy door skins around the door handles are still present on the 2019s. Seems like Ford and their supplier just ****** this one up.

You again? All you do here is troll.

Just because you don’t like the way something looks doesn’t mean it was “designed or stamped wrong”; you’re ridiculous.

There are no “wavy door skins” around the door handles; the metal contours inward to accommodate the handle. You seriously need to get a life Sasquatch, everyone is sick of your trolling.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine actually has a slight upward curve to it. Really it does. Just ask my wife. Not bad for a 63 year old, huh? :lol:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, still waiting. Went to $tealership (a town away) only to find they had ordered the wrong part. Then call me Friday only to tell me the right part arrived but "all scratched up" so they ordered another. SNAFU

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the hitch taken care of on Monday. I’m glad to say that the new hitch is straight and parallel to the frame, compared to the original hitch. As I said before the service manager walked out looked at it for three seconds and said, “that’s jacked up!” And then ordered me a new one after calling Ford.

For those that don't know, the hitch is welded to the rear cross member. So the whole thing is replaced.

Last edited:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m running deaver +3 springs with rpg drop shackles. I have a hitch hauler for my stand up jet ski, my hitch has quite a bit of downward lean. Yesterday I shimmed it’s with some stainless washers, it’s better but not perfect. I shimmed the bottom out around a quarter inch and it still has downward angle.

zx14teryx

Reaction score
I’m running deaver +3 springs with rpg drop shackles. I have a hitch hauler for my stand up jet ski, my hitch has quite a bit of downward lean. Yesterday I shimmed it’s with some stainless washers, it’s better but not perfect. I shimmed the bottom out around a quarter inch and it still has downward angle.
Are your +3 sd or hd? Did it help droop?