Stereo Without Keys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i was messing around the other day and decided when i opened the passenger door to hit the power button on the stereo. What happens? The damn thing turns on! Kinda weird, doesn't say anything about it the owners manual. Not sure if it automatically turns off like when having accessory on either after 45 min.

So anyone else notice this. Or does mine have a special power! Lol

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Car Stereo is correct. My 09 f150 radio will stay on with the door on the passenger side open if i take the key out. But as soon as I open the drivers door it shuts off. I learned this the other day while I was cleaning out my truck, getting ready to trade it in. I needed a key to get into the house so I removed the key from the passenger side while it was in accessory (listening to radio). I did a double take because the radio stayed on, went to get what I needed and when I came out I opened the drivers door and it shut off.

OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no no, i mean go out to your truck not with R.A.P. make sure the doors are unlocked don't take keys with you. Push the power button from accessing either door. It should turn on.

OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just thought it was kinda cool, because then you don't have to listen to that annoying door chime while listening to the stereo with the doors open