Steering wheel shaking and vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just sound, no video for me. You have to have a certain software to watch this. I will try on my phone.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I can watch it on my iPhone too, I’m like MTF something in your steering wheel, they are easy to replace, there’s lots of YouTube videos on how to remove the air bag cover and check the bolts for tightness.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I don't know what year your truck is.
But have tried changing the position of the steering wheel, up, down, in and out?
2010, i did try it and still does the same. my worries are the loose steering it was loose before I changed the rack and pinion last year (it’s cardone remanufactured now) since then it’s have been even more loose and putting all new suspension components didn’t changed anything just better ride quality overall but still play. maybe loose steering shaft? steering bolt? adjust the preload on the rack? i have 120k miles

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010, i did try it and still does the same. my worries are the loose steering it was loose before I changed the rack and pinion last year (it’s cardone remanufactured now) since then it’s have been even more loose and putting all new suspension components didn’t changed anything just better ride quality overall but still play. maybe loose steering shaft? steering bolt? adjust the preload on the rack? i have 120k miles
I have 150k and mine doesn't do that. It's really rare for the steering wheel to come loose, but I would pull the air bag and check that first and work my way down from there. Here's an easy video for doing that. You can see the bolt for the steering wheel in the video.

Here's a steering shaft video as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I have 150k and mine doesn't do that. It's really rare for the steering wheel to come loose, but I would pull the air bag and check that first and work my way down from there. Here's an easy video for doing that. You can see the bolt for the steering wheel in the video.

Here's a steering shaft video as well
I will do that, check the rotors and inspect the alignment. I’m really leaning to the part that maybe the rack and pinion doesn’t have enough compression and just needs and adjustment since i put the new one is more loose and I think that is not normal. (I changed it because it had play)