Steering wheel shaking and vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
heavy shakiness that i’m receiving on my steering. I uploaded some videos on this threat but don’t know if you guy can see them.
Yes, I know currently that you have shakiness but once the "problem" is fixed, you wont need some aftermarket steering shaft that supposedly cures vibration. A stock Raptor doesn't have vibration unless there is a major problem or the tires are cupped. That's what I meant with my last statement. Just get the oem steering linkage, not the aftermarket one.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1 1/16th

OP, I would just remove that lower steering shaft with the swivels on it and when it is off, check for looseness, especially in the lower joint, seems to be the common culprit.

View attachment 326914
Is this what Ford and your mechanic are saying to replace? Bet this is the culprit, it is well known on some f150's and it's cheap and easy enough to install.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Is this what Ford and your mechanic are saying to replace? Bet this is the culprit, it is well known on some f150's and it's cheap and easy enough to install.
What is the culprit? they told me about the upper steering shaft that connects to the steering column that has some play in the rag joint and the steering column that also has some play.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the culprit? they told me about the upper steering shaft that connects to the steering column that has some play in the rag joint and the steering column that also has some play.
Dealers are not always correct. A steering column is pretty rare to have go, unless the truck hit something hard or has been in an accident, if it was mine, I would replace the linkage I posted a picture of first, but then again I haven't seen the truck and am only going by what you have mentioned. Did you watch the video I posted early of how to replace the steering shaft, it explains the clunk in the steering wheel which I think you mentioned you have, changing the steering shaft( the one pictured) usually takes care of that clunk. Good luck.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Dealers are not always correct. A steering column is pretty rare to have go, unless the truck hit something hard or has been in an accident, if it was mine, I would replace the linkage I posted a picture of first, but then again I haven't seen the truck and am only going by what you have mentioned. Did you watch the video I posted early of how to replace the steering shaft, it explains the clunk in the steering wheel which I think you mentioned you have, changing the steering shaft( the one pictured) usually takes care of that clunk. Good luck.
i’m going to change the lower and upper steering shaft and also the steering wheel bolt hoping that all goes back to normal.