Steering wheel shaking and vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello can anyone point me to the direction where might be the shaking and vibration from my steering wheel is coming from? It doesn’t do it on perfect pavemented roads but if i go 5-20 mph in roads where there are little rocks or if I off road slowly the steering starts to shake and i feel everything on my steering. I have new uca, tie rods, shocks with geisers, lca bushings and ball joints, alignment kit from SPC and tires have 6k miles already rotated them and balanced with fresh alignment. This has been going on about a year now and have replaced everything even the rack & pinion and still have that play.

Attachments

• IMG_8723.MOV
    10.1 MB

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it shakes at 5 mph, then it should be pretty easy to find the problem. Jack up one side of the truck on the front and shake the tire, if it shakes, the problem is in the suspension on that side or the driveline, if neither side have movement, spin the tire on each side or jack up the whole truck and support on jack stands and put it in drive 4h, if still nothing, I would check the axle nuts on both sides for tightness. I'm probably missing some steps, I'm sure others will chime in. Something is definitely wrong or loose.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Hello can anyone point me to the direction where might be the shaking and vibration from my steering wheel is coming from? It doesn’t do it on perfect pavemented roads but if i go 5-20 mph in roads where there are little rocks or if I off road slowly the steering starts to shake and i feel everything on my steering. I have new uca, tie rods, shocks with geisers, lca bushings and ball joints, alignment kit from SPC and tires have 6k miles already rotated them and balanced with fresh alignment. This has been going on about a year now and have replaced everything even the rack & pinion and still have that play.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    12.6 MB

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you are running the front shocks at top perch plus the Geisers add height over stock springs which will throw off the geometry of the front suspension.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
My 2014 has something similar. But more at higher speeds and not all the time. I haven't looked into it yet.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Sounds like you are running the front shocks at top perch plus the Geisers add height over stock springs which will throw off the geometry of the front suspension.
It's bottom perch, the truck is almost leveled, the first video is with stock springs and the second is with geisers

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
If it shakes at 5 mph, then it should be pretty easy to find the problem. Jack up one side of the truck on the front and shake the tire, if it shakes, the problem is in the suspension on that side or the driveline, if neither side have movement, spin the tire on each side or jack up the whole truck and support on jack stands and put it in drive 4h, if still nothing, I would check the axle nuts on both sides for tightness. I'm probably missing some steps, I'm sure others will chime in. Something is definitely wrong or loose.
Ok, I can't see the video, I can only hear it.
Maybe upload to YouTube and post the link.
strange i can see it on my phone and computer. also my steering clunks sometimes when turning to the left and if i put pressure on the top it clunks