Squeaky Raptor Leaf Springs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Apparently squeaky leaf springs on F-150 and F-250 had been a TSB(technical service bulletin) for years now and the cause of the creaking or squeaking you hear from the rear of your truck is caused by the 8 (4 each side) Anti-friction pads or "contact points" on the leaf springs binding and vibrating over bumps or really any time you flex the leaf springs. It's apparent that the Raptor's softer suspension really compounds the problems Ford has had with their leaf packs in the past.

The solution is to simply lift your truck from the frame so the suspension completely drops- giving you access to the leaf springs and contact points(pictured below). The product to use is Dupont Teflon Grease(Severe Service) and smear it, glob it all over the contact points...then just lower the truck down. This method is the only solution and should be good for 3000-5000 miles of service!!

ome_leaf_spring_cutaway.jpg

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info BIRDMAN, I have not had that problem yet, but when it happens I now know what to do.

desertking

Reaction score
squeaky leaf springs :s

i need to try the information u gave fr avoiding the squeaky noise as it luks lyk im drivin a peice of junk :shocked: the question i have got is can i use some other kind of grease as i m not being able to find dis grease here in dubai...

F150 Svt raptor 2011

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like something the damn dealer should do for us when we take it in for routine service, if you don't do it yourself.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lies. Birdman drove his Raptor in the rain, got some dust in the leaf springs and his treehugging "leaf" springs squeek now.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I played 'at the end of the road' in Mississippi this summer and got pretty muddy. I had a SERIOUS squeak from the springs after that trip. I got on them with a power sprayer and it's mostly gone. Occasionally I'll hear some noise, so I just need to find a buddy out here in Colorado with a lift so I can apply the grease.

Thanks for the tip!

MDU

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you don't even need a lift, just a floot jack on the frame and **carefully** pry the leafs apart with a big flat head then use a putty knife to slather some grease on the contact pads. i actually found the cheap multi-complex farm grease at wal mart works the best lol.