Squeaking / Creaking sound from front suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am the original owner of a 2020. No mods have been done on the suspension. When I back up out of my driveway a squeaking / creaking sound comes from the front driver's side suspension area. It mainly does it backing up but occasionally does it going forward over speed bumps and such. It's pretty annoying. I noticed in the 3rd generation posts that a number of people are having issues like this on their newer trucks. Anyone have similar issues with their 2nd generation trucks and if so, have you found out what caused it? Thanks for any replies or suggestions.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 20's with 20K miles don't do that, what's your mileage ? Many parts moove in front suspension area , so ...!

Abq_SP

Reaction score
I had something similar after a few years (2017 Gen 2). It happened after an oil change at the dealership. They used chassis ears to locate the squeck and it turned out some part in the suspension had to be retorqued (cannot remember which part). Dealer said they never touch the suspension during an oil change but that was the fix. I am guessing just plain luck in timing. Maybe the torque on the guns at the plant were off?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just give all the bolts a quick "are they torqued enough to not move" check. I had some weird noises that ended up being a loose upper control arm bolt. I also had a sway bar bushing try to squeeze its way out of the bracket.

deadserial

Reaction score
you get it figured out? Mine does this too. About to head under and give things a good torqueing.

Bashby

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my 2022 Gen3 37pp in for this squeaking issue. They replaced the passenger side uppercontrol arm in November. I just hit 10k miles and it started doing it again this week. Going to head back to the dealer.