Sports Mode & MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Curious if it just me... both the previous GEN2 and current GEN3 get better MPG in Sports mode. After 6K miles in GEN 3 averaging 16.5 in Sport vs 15.7 in Normal. Seems like shouldn't be that way...

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not first time I read that, I should try sport mode more frequently to check the average. In fact , I guess we have all the power (450hp) in sport mode and if we use it "carefully" , kind of "eco drive" it could be better MPG than normal mode bcs engine is more efficient.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is something to be said about holding RPM a bit over shifting 1000 times. Around town I only use 7 gears. It helps the mpg instead of it trying to get to 10th gear and shifting all over with every little touch of the pedal.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, display readings are meaningless . If you are tracking gallons in vs gallons miles out ok … but reading the #’s of dash makes this convo extremely anecdotal. Unless yr the “trust the science” kind of crowd…

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't messed with it long enough to tell a difference in the modes, but can 100% tell a mpg difference when running 93 vs regular.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, display readings are meaningless . If you are tracking gallons in vs gallons miles out ok … but reading the #’s of dash makes this convo extremely anecdotal. Unless yr the “trust the science” kind of crowd…
I hand calculated every fill up for 6 months and couldn't see a difference.