Sports Mode & MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 14. But, my truck is Leadfoot, and so am I.
me too. the color and my foot. "lead". I also get 14. pretty much the same as my gen 2

I get about 15.5 on highway but again leadfoot. usually am running 80.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me too. the color and my foot. "lead". I also get 14. pretty much the same as my gen 2

I get about 15.5 on highway but again leadfoot. usually am running 80.
I get my best mpg on the highway. Usually no problem to get high 18s, hand calc'd too. I run 80-85mph.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Banks Pedal Monster on mine... I average 15.5 in sport and 16 in normal. Before the pedal monster i was at 17 on both.... i am leadfoot driver too.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I am going to hand calculate it the next few fill ups. ive been only going with the computer and that I have to think isn't as accurate.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed this on my ranger with the 10 speed, wasnt crazy better, but was at least a consistent .5-1mpg higher and sport mode on that thing was way more aggressive than my 20 rap.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hand calculated gallons of fuel used v. miles traveled on trip odometer, and my gen 3 is getting 13.8 MPG combined with almost zero idle time. That's a far cry from the 17.8 combined my Gen 2 got on the same tires, wonder what's changed. Yes winter blend fuel and very cold temps aren't helping me.