Spilled Soda down in Shifter - How to remove?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shwiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know an easy way to remove the paneling around the shifter? I'm bad when it comes to this "delicate" shit and would like to avoid as many scratches and dings as possible. I need to get under there and clean it out. I spilled some soda down in there a couple weeks ago and with the colder temps coming in. I can feel the shifter sticking occasionally.

Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what year?

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

nevermind.....

if you have a 2013. pull the panel in front of the shifter off by using something thin and flat. i use a modified 2" putty knife. open center console to allow room, and pull the shifter bzel up from the rear first. disconnect 3 plugs underneath and you are done.

if you have a 2012 or older. you dont have to pull the front plastic trim infront of the shifter

OP
OP
Shwiggy

Shwiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year?

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

nevermind.....

if you have a 2013. pull the panel in front of the shifter off by using something thin and flat. i use a modified 2" putty knife. open center console to allow room, and pull the shifter bzel up from the rear first. disconnect 3 plugs underneath and you are done.

if you have a 2012 or older. you dont have to pull the front plastic trim infront of the shifter

Thanks! My neighbor's mere presence has now been the cause of this and a broken kneecap. And no, he's not a 20 year old blonde with a nice rack...