Spec-D LED tails installed, love them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope I don't sound like an idiot. but what does "Hyper flash" mean? I have upgraded the lights on almost every ride I have ever owned and never heard this term. I'm planning to change my 2014 Raptor taillights to Recon LEDs and I do not want any problems with them seeing that they cost over 300 bucks. So please any insight in the matter will be appreciated.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I like he hanging tension on the wire pigtails... I may have to figure out some better options than double sided tape... Anyone has ideas please chime in!
Wipe the area you are going to attach to with alcohol & attach with the 3m tape. Same stuff used to attach emblems to the side of vehicles. Mine have never given me any issues.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope I don't sound like an idiot. but what does "Hyper flash" mean? I have upgraded the lights on almost every ride I have ever owned and never heard this term. I'm planning to change my 2014 Raptor taillights to Recon LEDs and I do not want any problems with them seeing that they cost over 300 bucks. So please any insight in the matter will be appreciated.

Hyper flash is where the light flashes twice as fast as normal.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if I like he hanging tension on the wire pigtails... I may have to figure out some better options than double sided tape... Anyone has ideas please chime in!

Listen that 3m tape will hold up if you clean the area well first. Or you can go with industrial strength velcro at your local Lowes or Home Depot.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally received the other 2 resistors and got the lights installed. They look great. HOWEVER, I know have a major problem. The taillights are not working. The brake lights works when I apply the brakes, however, at night when letting off the brakes the lights go completely out. They were working fine for a couple days and then they just quit tonight. The turn signals work fine. The other wired thing is that the 2 side LED running lights below the tails are out also. The 3 LED running lights on the third brake light work. Could this be a fuse? Any help would be great. I can't drive the truck at night now until I get this figured out. Thanks in advance for any input!

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I finally received the other 2 resistors and got the lights installed. They look great. HOWEVER, I know have a major problem. The taillights are not working. The brake lights works when I apply the brakes, however, at night when letting off the brakes the lights go completely out. They were working fine for a couple days and then they just quit tonight. The turn signals work fine. The other wired thing is that the 2 side LED running lights below the tails are out also. The 3 LED running lights on the third brake light work. Could this be a fuse? Any help would be great. I can't drive the truck at night now until I get this figured out. Thanks in advance for any input!

Did you check the wiring again? I've had no problems so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc