Spec-D LED tails installed, love them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You parallel in one side to the other plug it straight in to one and I used in line connectors to attach the other side... Follow the colors yellow to yellow black to black... They should provide a Y cable so you don't have to splice it, but I know another dollar in MFG cost...

Last edited:

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You parallel in one side to the other plug it straight in to one and I used in line connectors to attach the other side... Follow the colors yellow to yellow black to black... They should provide a Y cable so you don't have to splice it, but I know another dollar in MFG cost...

Ok, thanks. Did not expect to have to do that. No big deal. Heading out now to fix...

R,
HAP

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so I finally tested mine.... I get the hyper flash I have a call in to Spec-d to see if I need two resistors one top and one bottom.... Sorry Hap this happens when I don't actually check if its working before I open my big mouth... I just wired it the way I explained it and its still not right... I should get a call back in about 20 minutes according to the sales guy...

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I finally tested mine.... I get the hyper flash I have a call in to Spec-d to see if I need two resistors one top and one bottom.... Sorry Hap this happens when I don't actually check if its working before I open my big mouth... I just wired it the way I explained it and its still not right... I should get a call back in about 20 minutes according to the sales guy...

Dude, just got off of the phone with Xtralights. They seemed clueless and suggested reversing the polarity... ?? I told them I would try, but was concerned that I might smoke something. They said to call back if it did not work and they will figure something out. I also told them that a lot of people have recently ordered from them as members of a forum.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE>... Do not reverse the polarity... Take both gold boxes put them on the same side and see if it resolves the problem.... I did this and resolved the issue of course now you need two more.... Call Xtralights ask for Alex and he will express ship another set of resistors to you..(GOLD BOXES).... I don't know why its not right the first time but made in Taiwan not China seems to not make them any better...

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Anyone else who ordered them you will need another set of gold boxes call them and get them going ask for Alex he knows about it.....

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first received them Monday I called to ask about the double plugs on each light and only 2 resistor boxes. They seemed confused and said it should work with only 2. I said I would be calling them back if not. WTF, now here we are...

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Sorry...........:shakehead: Just so ya know it was an 'iffy" situation for me. Did not take it for two tries but on the third it did take it for some reason. Gotta check that internet for cupon codes my man!

LOL that houw i found the 10% off one

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

mine should arrive today... i'll let you guys know how many resistors come in my set once i get back in May... :(