Speakers bout to bite the dust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the new speakers since there starting to crackle and just in general sound like crap. I could always bring it in and have them replaced under warranty but I don't like anyone touching my truck and I'd rather replace them with better speakers since I don't even have the sony speakers. Any suggestions? I read another post looks pretty easy to replace them... just have to take off the door panels.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what brand are you looking for? jl has the best drop in speakers. but focal will have better sound quality. however to achieve maximum output and quality, you will need a sound processor and amp.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always liked JL's, never heard of Focal's. I plan on amping the speakers just dont have the mula right now. Too many hobbies that are draining my measly monthly savings. Anything at this point is better then these distorted crappy speakers I have now. What are the stock ones in this truck if I dont have the sony package?

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which jl for the easy install

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

is the speaker in the center of the dash just for the nav?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the size for the front speakers 6.5's ? and which JL's do you guys recommend?

the truck is a 5x7 front and rear. the front is a component set. the c3570 would be a good choice. they are a hybrid speaker. it can be a coax or component. and they have excellent sound quality.

which jl for the easy install

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

is the speaker in the center of the dash just for the nav?

the center dash speaker should be disconnected once you upgrade the audio system. its useless when you have good speakers in your doors.