Southwest Colorado Raptor Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Just a reminder. Everyone is responsible for their own lodging/camping. I am only planning out the trails during the day. You are on your own once we get to/near towns.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We should plan a night or two to camp at the same site. Could be fun with a cooler of beer (and Patron).

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We should plan a night or two to camp at the same site. Could be fun with a cooler of beer (and Patron).

I am game for anything. If people want to camp at the same spots great. I was planning on winging it. Anyone know if camp sites or hotels will be tight?

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So how many are showing up? For how long?

I am in for a one day. Lake City to Ourey, Staying at the Comfort inn if my buddy got us a room. Then back to Salida Thursday morn.... Look fwd to meeting everyone that shows......

BDRAG

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could be there for this! Been doing those trails since I was a little guy we went to either Creede or Lake City every year for vacation(we are fly fishermen). The good thing about the beer is that if you are by a creek just put it in!!!

Some of those trails are narrow with the rocks sticking out--going to have to keep the mirrors in a lot of the time lol. This is a place where you do not want to drive fast lol---rocks there are a lot uglier than in Texas! Was in Lake City a couple of years ago and it is huge now compared to what it was. Population and houses between Creede and Lake City have literally exploded! That area(Lake City to Ouray)is just beautiful beyond description---the Fall colors are something that have to be seen to be believed.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score

I am game for anything. If people want to camp at the same spots great. I was planning on winging it. Anyone know if camp sites or hotels will be tight?

There are a bunch of places to pull off and camp. I know of a few good ones from last year, but its really easy to hit a side trail and find them. The ones down by the creeks are really cool. The more the merrier, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't setting any sort of lodging up. My plan is to not have a plan on that sort of stuff.

I wish I could be there for this! Been doing those trails since I was a little guy we went to either Creede or Lake City every year for vacation(we are fly fishermen). The good thing about the beer is that if you are by a creek just put it in!!!

Some of those trails are narrow with the rocks sticking out--going to have to keep the mirrors in a lot of the time lol. This is a place where you do not want to drive fast lol---rocks there are a lot uglier than in Texas! Was in Lake City a couple of years ago and it is huge now compared to what it was. Population and houses between Creede and Lake City have literally exploded! That area(Lake City to Ouray)is just beautiful beyond description---the Fall colors are something that have to be seen to be believed.

I haven't had any trouble with my truck on the trails, it's just a matter of taking it slow.

There are some more houses and stuff. Luckily my wife's place is on a ranch that was built 20 years ago, there are 8 cabins, and it's setup so no more can be built. Overlooks the Rio Grande Reservoir, very cool spot.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So how many are showing up? For how long?

I am in for a one day. Lake City to Ourey, Staying at the Comfort inn if my buddy got us a room. Then back to Salida Thursday morn.... Look fwd to meeting everyone that shows......

BDRAG

Mike has our rooms confirmed for the night of the 27TH. See whoever in Lake City on Wednesday morn. ............... Meeting place set yet Trey?

BDRAG