South Lake Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O ya I drive right through walnut on 680

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I should be at least I don't know I might be going down 5 from Carson city

I PM'd you all my contact info. If you end up coming by this way, give me a call. Hope you get your truck soon. Hotel Carson City... you can check in anytime you want, but you can never leave.

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the tire is going to run me $130 or so to mount, balance, and get another warranty on the replacement tire. With the original warranty for a 5 tires it was around $140 and I'm going to flip two of my tires around so I will have two new tires in the back and the gashed rum will become my spare tire for about $60. A new tire would have costed me $360 not counting mounting and balancing so I still came out ahead. Down side is they have to order the tire but that's not too bad seeing as I have a full size spare.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the tire is going to run me $130 or so to mount, balance, and get another warranty on the replacement tire. With the original warranty for a 5 tires it was around $140 and I'm going to flip two of my tires around so I will have two new tires in the back and the gashed rum will become my spare tire for about $60. A new tire would have costed me $360 not counting mounting and balancing so I still came out ahead. Down side is they have to order the tire but that's not too bad seeing as I have a full size spare.

Well the real question is, did you admit to the wife, that she was right about the warranty?

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still at the dealership in Carson city I hope my truck is almost done. O wait they havnt touched it yet....

What happened?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Anyone have a GPX file of the route you took?

Just got MotionX and tested it at Hollister on Sunday. Works awesome

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Anyone have a GPX file of the route you took?

Just got MotionX and tested it at Hollister on Sunday. Works awesome

Haven't heard yet what the diagnosis is but tbone's truck became electronically disabled on the trail... just out of the blue his truck shut down. Flashing indicator for the passive anti-theft system (PATS), so it appears that the coding between his keys and the computer got lost. He had to be towed to the dealer.

PM me your email address and I can forward the MotionX files. Worked reasonably well for me on this trip. There was some lag in refresh rate, so I need to look at the settings. There were places where I didn't have detailed map data despite having downloaded the maps covering the entire route.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Haven't heard yet what the diagnosis is but tbone's truck became electronically disabled on the trail... just out of the blue his truck shut down. Flashing indicator for the passive anti-theft system (PATS), so it appears that the coding between his keys and the computer got lost. He had to be towed to the dealer.

PM me your email address and I can forward the MotionX files. Worked reasonably well for me on this trip. There was some lag in refresh rate, so I need to look at the settings. There were places where I didn't have detailed map data despite having downloaded the maps covering the entire route.

but overall I was pleased with MotionX.... I ran the iPad version. Even when map details weren't there I could follow the track to make the right turns.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was texting tbone yesterday and last night. The dealer did not start on his truck till late in the afternoon and as it stands now the ECM may have gone bad. The dealer is not able to provide a reasonable explanation as to why it happened.
He had to leave his truck and is going up next weekend to get it.
As far as the motion x program, I am not a fan. We converted it to work in the Lawrence and the turn detail was off and driving my codriver crazy. (He is used to the Lawrence files and they are much more accurate) The motion x may be a good way of mapping where you go. But I personally don't feel it's a good system for the Raptor based on the high speeds we are capable of going.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used my tracks and the only problem I had was that if you zoomed it out it would zoom back in when it got the the edge of the map and caught back up to the truck's location, if you had a navigator and they kept it from getting to the edge of the map it worked great though, and it kept my location updated constantly, there was no jumping around