South Lake Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:( why not next weekend?
lol, sorry buddy.
I would love to go, but don't have a second spare tire or radio

Well you've got 2 months to get them! These are things you will need for future runs anyway. It's very easy to slice a tire when offroading at higher speeds and you don't want to have to call it a day when that happens. A radio is an absolute must. You can easily take a wrong turn and it's vital to be able to communicate with the the group to get back on track. I believe there are a couple local guys who have an extra spare to sell and you should be able to get a handheld radio for under $100. Although, something like an Icom F5021 would be ideal.

Last edited:

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to go, but don't have a second spare tire or radio

You can just buy a handheld radio if you don't want to spend big bucks on a mounted radio. Just make sure it will communicate to the VHF radios.

The spare wheel and tire are not that much and are well worth having just incase.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have been dealing with icom and lowrance recently. i will definitely have radios for sale soon. if i can make it for the run, (and if you want he handheld) i will be able to bring them with me. if you want a lowrance gps, let me know and i will get you in the shop for an install.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are there any handheld radios you could sync to the truck and play through the audio in the truck?

Last edited: