Sooooooo close!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was driving through my local dealers lot. They had two Raptors. Of course I went in to ask about them because the worse that can happen is the Raptors aren’t available. Of course they were already sold.

However, the dealer has one coming in at $82k. This dealer does not charge ADM. I was practically drooling until I saw the build sheet. It was Rapid Red. The only color I absolutely loath.

But I am in the waiting list to order when they get allocation.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was driving through my local dealers lot. They had two Raptors. Of course I went in to ask about them because the worse that can happen is the Raptors aren’t available. Of course they were already sold.

However, the dealer has one coming in at $82k. This dealer does not charge ADM. I was practically drooling until I saw the build sheet. It was Rapid Red. The only color I absolutely loath.

But I am in the waiting list to order when they get allocation.
Lol. I get it. That's the one color I couldn't settle for.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the rapid red that's available and wrap it imo.
Might as well find one with $5k ADM then. I’d never wrap my vehicle. Razorblades around a brand new car are never good. Also depending on your location you could have damage once it’s removed. Hard pass.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well find one with $5k ADM then. I’d never wrap my vehicle. Razorblades around a brand new car are never good. Also depending on your location you could have damage once it’s removed. Hard pass.
X10000

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the rapid red that's available and wrap it imo.

Nah, you're looking at, at least, $4k for a wrap. That on top of the $82K MSRP, sales taxes, registration, etc.

My favorite colors are between Code Red and Atlas Blue. However I could live with AntiMatter Blue, Black, White, and Silver. Maybe I'd consider a wrap after a couple years but each of those colors has their good points. To me, however, rapid red just looks terrible. It makes me think of Aggie fans. No shade thrown on those that like it. It's a subjective thing that I'm kinda repulsed by.

Anyways, props to Interstate Ford in Dacono, CO for not charging ADM on customer ordered vehicles. I'm not sure I've seen any ADMs on vehicles on the lot either. They'll overcharge for add ons and mods, but they don't do that to all their vehicles. I can respect that a bit more than the outright theft of ADMs.

FarmersFight

Reaction score
On behalf of all Aggies, we’re grateful that maroon repulses you. That’s more available inventory for us to buy.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On behalf of all Aggies, we’re grateful that maroon repulses you. That’s more available inventory for us to buy.

Hey, you do you man. I'm not gonna make fun of anyone. I used to have a burnt orange Explorer Sport and I'm not even a fan of the Horns.