Soon to be new owner with questions......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NwRptrOwnr

Reaction score
Hello guys/gals! newbie here and wanted to let you all know what a great site this is for anything raptor...wealth of info thanks to you all. Just started to look at the Raptor after almost committing to a 2019 Tundra 4x4 Platinum. I have read the few diffs between the 2018 and 2019. Most dealers in South Florida are still asking for either sticker or over sticker for remaining 2018's. Any leads on dealers willing to negotiate on their remaining 2018's? Also thinking maybe just wait for the 2019s? Are the 18's and 19's same engine? I do know about the change in shocks (not too concern about that).....please feel free to chime... all ears!!

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a Raptor now, get an '18. If you want to wait for a '19, if you order now you're likely looking at a late December/early January delivery. Dealers will do MSRP on '19s, at least I know they do in Michigan.

For a fully loaded '19, expect to pay ~$5,000 more than an '18 if both are at MSRP. This is due to the increase in price for the '19s associated with the new shocks, recaro seats/accent package, new technology (stop/go), and new BL wheels, as well as increased prices for the moonroof, bed liner, etc.

OP
OP
N

NwRptrOwnr

Reaction score
So far its looking like its going to be a 2018. I don't care for the recaro seats at all, nor the new shocks/wheels...guess it all now comes down to what's out there price wise that'll match my option list....

carsonmd

Reaction score
Hello guys/gals! newbie here and wanted to let you all know what a great site this is for anything raptor...wealth of info thanks to you all. Just started to look at the Raptor after almost committing to a 2019 Tundra 4x4 Platinum. I have read the few diffs between the 2018 and 2019. Most dealers in South Florida are still asking for either sticker or over sticker for remaining 2018's. Any leads on dealers willing to negotiate on their remaining 2018's? Also thinking maybe just wait for the 2019s? Are the 18's and 19's same engine? I do know about the change in shocks (not too concern about that).....please feel free to chime... all ears!!

I have a tundra and am hoping to get a '18 raptor soon. Mine is limited trim with some extras. It is a good, everyday truck. In my opinion, Toyota is just falling too far behind the domestic brands. I could not justify the price jump to platinum or 1794.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far its looking like its going to be a 2018. I don't care for the recaro seats at all, nor the new shocks/wheels...guess it all now comes down to what's out there price wise that'll match my option list....

You don't care for the new shocks? Why?

While I can understand not liking the new seats or BLs, nearly everyone has unequivocally stated how much of an improvement the new shocks are.

Just curious...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please note, the recaros are an option in 2019 so don't pick it if you don't want it.

RT-tx

Reaction score
I just purchased an 18 last week for a tick over 65k. 802a package, upgraded wheels, carbon fiber etc.

I called around my area (Houston) letting people know I wanted to go out the door at 70k to see what could be done. I found a dealer who's owner was driving this one and had 5,000 miles on it.

I think I got lucky because they didn't even have it listed, I just made a bunch of phone calls and told people what I was looking for.

Good luck.

OP
OP
N

NwRptrOwnr

Reaction score

While I can understand not liking the new seats or BLs, nearly everyone has unequivocally stated how much of an improvement the new shocks are.

Just curious...

Oh I am sure its an improvement over the earlier design, but it is just not enough to justify buying a 2019 that's why I don't care for it....

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just curious...
As far as I know, no one has ridden in a truck with the new shocks. They could be a marketing gimmick. As you know, I ordered one hoping they are better, but that remains to be seen. I think saying “In theory they should be better” would be more accurate.