GEN 2 Sold my Raptor and couldn’t be happier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Sorry it didn't work out for you, but congrats on the TRX. My wife has a 2500 HD Limited and they are really nice trucks inside.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SO... HOW many users now have bought a TRX?

But these users who bought TRX trucks are not cutting into Raptor sales? Ford is a year late, and millions of dollars short and if they -were- going to build a V8 Raptor, it would have been out by now. As it is, if they released a brand new S/C V8 Rap today, the TRX would still have the advantage because Ford seems to be far more impacted on vehicle delivery AND the stealership network is far more infamous. The prospect of $8.00 gallon gas is very, very real right now and while Ford can possibly make the S/C V8 Raptor as a show truck, it’s obvious that they’ve essentially conceded defeat to the TRX, just like they did to the SRT10 truck.

Even if they put the vaporware Raptor R out today, it would likely last only a model year because only niche buyers would jump on it. Not enough to sustain the required assembly line changes from the standard Raptor which is, let’s be honest far more versatile. Berlin to Warsaw on one tank of gas and all...

The RR had it’s moment and the moment is passed. It passed by last year.

Congrats on the new truck, don’t be a sore winner.

You shouldn’t have had trouble with your Rap, and many of us have not. Unfortunately, workmanship can definitely play a part because Ford has sold cargo ships full of the TTv6 +10R80 in varying forms and customers keep buying them. That isn’t because they’re garbage. But, feel free to keep saying so. Hopefully others will believe it and dump their Raptor Jen Too. I’m looking for an inexpensive stable-mate ! :)
In all fairness to fuel costs they were developing the gen 1 in 08 with $4.00 gas.

dbiker207

Reaction score
So you thought the raptor had a shit transmission and turned around and purchased a ram? Lol good luck with that. Coming from a mechanic, you couldn't pay me enough to purchase anything Ram. They have a glass trans, mid sized truck u joints, wheel bearings that need replacement every 10k miles and the list goes on. Nice of you to come here one last time and try to shit on everyone's parade. You seem nice.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im just trying to provide valuable information so that folks on here can be as happy as I am with a better truck. If you get out now you can likely make money or at the very least break even. Is that so wrong?
The problem is you’re not providing any “valuable information”. You’re posting your opinion mixed in with a bunch of exaggerated and false claims.

If you had provided a objective comparison as others have who bought TRXs, you would be receiving much more positive feedback. Instead, you’re spreading misinformation and lies while bashing Raptors.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is you’re not providing any “valuable information”. You’re posting your opinion mixed in with a bunch of exaggerated and false claims.

If you had provided a objective comparison as others have who bought TRXs, you would be receiving much more positive feedback. Instead, you’re spreading misinformation and lies while bashing Raptors.
Apparently you don’t know how to read. I stated that its better in category every sans the keypad and the tailgate step.

If you would like, I’ll go get my window sticker and I can list every option and go line by line with a specific detail how each item is better than what was on my Gen 2. But im pretty sure that would be very tedious and not very interesting to read.

Im just curious what about anything is misleading, or even exaggerated? Im speaking from first hand personal experience with both vehicles. Probably more qualified to do so than you are to be honest.

You just fall into the category of being upset you have the lesser vehicle. And again its okay to feel inferior. There’s always someone bigger and badder bud.