GEN 2 Sold my Raptor and couldn’t be happier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd feel the same way if my engine was rebuilt 3 times. Post some more pics
As you can see its a little bigger.

Had to re construct my garage to get her too fit

Attachments

• BB2CE746-017F-4407-8746-0AD9F3C677E5.jpeg
    BB2CE746-017F-4407-8746-0AD9F3C677E5.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 16B715A9-F5A3-4FD6-A9BE-E54D6FD3332D.jpeg
    16B715A9-F5A3-4FD6-A9BE-E54D6FD3332D.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 142548D9-C29E-4020-A9A2-AD6E51BAC9CE.jpeg
    142548D9-C29E-4020-A9A2-AD6E51BAC9CE.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 99

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
SO... HOW many users now have bought a TRX?

But these users who bought TRX trucks are not cutting into Raptor sales? Ford is a year late, and millions of dollars short and if they -were- going to build a V8 Raptor, it would have been out by now. As it is, if they released a brand new S/C V8 Rap today, the TRX would still have the advantage because Ford seems to be far more impacted on vehicle delivery AND the stealership network is far more infamous. The prospect of $8.00 gallon gas is very, very real right now and while Ford can possibly make the S/C V8 Raptor as a show truck, it’s obvious that they’ve essentially conceded defeat to the TRX, just like they did to the SRT10 truck.

Even if they put the vaporware Raptor R out today, it would likely last only a model year because only niche buyers would jump on it. Not enough to sustain the required assembly line changes from the standard Raptor which is, let’s be honest far more versatile. Berlin to Warsaw on one tank of gas and all...

The RR had it’s moment and the moment is passed. It passed by last year.

Congrats on the new truck, don’t be a sore winner.

You shouldn’t have had trouble with your Rap, and many of us have not. Unfortunately, workmanship can definitely play a part because Ford has sold cargo ships full of the TTv6 +10R80 in varying forms and customers keep buying them. That isn’t because they’re garbage. But, feel free to keep saying so. Hopefully others will believe it and dump their Raptor Jen Too. I’m looking for an inexpensive stable-mate ! :)

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO... HOW many users now have bought a TRX?

But these users who bought TRX trucks are not cutting into Raptor sales? Ford is a year late, and millions of dollars short and if they -were- going to build a V8 Raptor, it would have been out by now. As it is, if they released a brand new S/C V8 Rap today, the TRX would still have the advantage because Ford seems to be far more impacted on vehicle delivery AND the stealership network is far more infamous. The prospect of $8.00 gallon gas is very, very real right now and while Ford can possibly make the S/C V8 Raptor as a show truck, it’s obvious that they’ve essentially conceded defeat to the TRX, just like they did to the SRT10 truck.

Even if they put the vaporware Raptor R out today, it would likely last only a model year because only niche buyers would jump on it. Not enough to sustain the required assembly line changes from the standard Raptor which is, let’s be honest far more versatile. Berlin to Warsaw on one tank of gas and all...

The RR had it’s moment and the moment is passed. It passed by last year.

Congrats on the new truck, don’t be a sore winner.

You shouldn’t have had trouble with your Rap, and many of us have not. Unfortunately, workmanship can definitely play a part because Ford has sold cargo ships full of the TTv6 +10R80 in varying forms and customers keep buying them. That isn’t because they’re garbage. But, feel free to keep saying so. Hopefully others will believe it and dump their Raptor Jen Too. I’m looking for an inexpensive stable-mate ! :)
Well put friend.

Well put

multirider

Reaction score
Cool new TRX congrats and sorry to hear about your previous Raptor. From an engineering stand point Ford still reigns in my opinion. They have the support and money. I know this as I am engineer by trade and actually know people personally at ford performance division. Remember what the raptor was built for and also I believe it still beats the TRX off road. Chrysler is really good with slamming big v8’s in to its vehicles so it can sound cool and burn some rubber. I had to give Chrysler up I tried with two rams one being a cummins. Panel gaps, low quality paint, i could go on. I just couldn’t do it. Out of all the vehicles I’ve had which I have had a lot the Chrysler brand deteriorated the fastest and for that I can’t touch another one no matter what fancy model they come out with.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! I see more and more of them out here in AZ and they do look sharp! Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with your Rap I’m just waiting for my luck to turn, money aside and regardless of which is better I bought the truck I wanted but glad you're happy with your decision

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’m a former 2020 Raptor owner and now a 2021 TRX owner. I’ve said this multiple times, the TRX is a better truck for me, but not everybody. If I lived somewhere that I was blasting through the desert the lighter Raptor could be the better choice. I live in NW Montana where when I’m not driving my truck to work I spend time on two lane highways and forest service roads.

I enjoyed my Raptor while I had it, but personally I never got used to the fake engine sound piped into the truck, and in normal mode the turbo lag was noticeable. When Ford released the 3rd Gen I fully anticipated a V8, and my plan was to change in 2022. Well, all we got was a Raptor spinning a doughnut in the sand with an R that said coming soon. It was then that I ordered by TRX for $6,000 off sticker and traded my Raptor for $4,000 more than I paid for it.

I hope that if Ford gives us a Supercharged V8 that it’s a fantastic truck. All that does is push Ram to answer with a better with more HP.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned multiple Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors. The fit and finish on the TRX is way better than anything Ford has put out there. I would liken driving the TRX to the smile I got when I bought my first Gen 1. Ford needs to get their shit together, I've had Fords in my garage for over 20 years and this is the first time we don't have single one, and aren't even considering one. I'm pretty certain getting a Raptor R will be a complete shit show.

For everyone harping on the gas prices, I was barely getting 1.5-2MPG more in my Gen 2. That doesn't equate to much savings.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Listen man. If you like it god bless. You’re a stronger man than I. I loved my old truck but I lied to myself everyday for 4 years and 2 months about that damn engine. I should have offloaded the thing after the second time they fully rebuilt the engine. I dunno know what I was thinking after the third time.

My honest opinion is that it’s over engineered. Too much power out of it and it eats itself. Oh and did I mention it sounds god awful? Even the “gen 3”s with the up graded exhaust sound bad.

*There’s no such thing as a Gen 3 raptor. Thats a different topic all together
Enough with the exaggeration and straight up lies. You didn’t like the truck, too bad for you. But your engine was not “fully rebuilt” 3 times. Ford does not rebuild engines; if there was a failure, you would have received a replacement engine. So your claims are straight up BS.

Your “honest opinion” doesn’t matter when it’s factually wrong, you have no idea what you’re talking about. The engine isn’t “over-engineered” nor does it “eat itself”, that’s about the dumbest thing I’ve read so far in this troll fest rant of a thread.

The 10 speed has received industry wide acclaim, just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it a bad transmission in any way. Mine shifts smoothly and certainly doesn’t “hunt for gears”, if you had an issue than you should have had addressed under warranty instead of complaining about it online.

TRX is certainly a nice truck. But there’s no reason to come on here and bash Gen 2 and 3 Raptors just because you didn’t like yours.