So whats the future for raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
See GT500. Entirely built by Ford. Originally was supposed to be 2-3 year run, now is continued through 2014 or 15 at least. The 2012 GT500 will have an aluminum block from the factory. Way too many people are still "Wow..a SHELBY!" Even my certificate from Ford says that it is a "limited edition"...Uh huh...for how many decades?

I predict that the Raptors will outlive the Lightnings. The Raptor even has a race version out. The Boss is back (with race versions), we have SVT's everywhere now it seems and all I have to say is "Excellent!" Beta pics show a new Bronco coming out in the near future that is similar to the Raptor. I think it will happen. The SVT vehicles are winning races. That attracts fans which means more sales.

GT500 got the aluminum block for model year 2011.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Will the Ford Ranger be the next truck to under go a morfing into a Star player for Ford?
BDRAG

Ranger is dead after this year.

Well at least we know some LED running lights, a new RED color, and heated and COOLED seats are on the horizon.
The 2012 GT500 will have an aluminum block from the factory.

I predict that the Raptors will outlive the Lightnings. The Raptor even has a race version out. The Boss is back (with race versions), we have SVT's everywhere now it seems and all I have to say is "Excellent!" Beta pics show a new Bronco coming out in the near future that is similar to the Raptor. I think it will happen. The SVT vehicles are winning races. That attracts fans which means more sales.

The aluminum block came out in the '11 Shelby. Last word from Ford was that they have no plans to build that Bronco......would be cool though. The Raptor is already outpacing Lightning sales so we should see a decent run from it but, after the proposed additions for the '12 model, I see maybe 1 more year after that. I don't think we'll ever see the EB in the Raptor, much less any other big changes.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it is dropped, then mine will continue to get looks like it does and all the better for us who have them(I'm hoping they don't). I think it might carry over to a new body like the lightning did(2nd gen. Raptor) but we will have to wait and see.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally hope they build them for a long time. I am only betting on they make them until the end of this body style f150.