So... What do you think about the new Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Tanglewood

Reaction score
E92 M3 to a Raptor sounds like a very logical move :D

If I pick up a 2nd gen Raptor, I'll be trading in my E92 M3 too.

I had an e92 M3, supercharged. Loved that car to death. Sold it and got an Audi R8 and a truck.

Now I'm consolidating both to a Raptor. I think I'll miss the high speed car, so maybe I'll look to pick up something small and used next spring.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't imagine how disappointed I will be jumping into my big bad 2017 raptor, turning the key, and having it sound like the mini van parked next to me at the gas station....

I have a buddy with a current ecoboost F150 and man does it sound weak... Can't believe the baddest truck you can buy in 2017 will sound the same.

Ford better do some serious trickery with the V6 exhaust note to keep it from sounding like a weeny.

Sure would be cool if the V8 ecoboost rumors became a reality...

Last edited:

TonyTee

Reaction score
I just can't imagine how disappointed I will be jumping into my big bad 2017 raptor, turning the key, and having it sound like the mini van parked next to me at the gas station....

I have a buddy with a current ecoboost F150 and man does it sound weak... Can't believe the baddest truck you can buy in 2017 will sound the same.

Ford better do some serious trickery with the V6 exhaust note to keep it from sounding like a weeny.

Sure would be cool if the V8 ecoboost rumors became a reality...

I would get over it. I want a V8 too....but it isn't gonna happen. What if the next Raptor has 500hp and a 4 inch exhaust (which it will have) and sound closer to the new Ford GT? And will lay waste to the Gen 1... How about that?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get over it. I want a V8 too....but it isn't gonna happen. What if the next Raptor has 500hp and a 4 inch exhaust (which it will have) and sound closer to the new Ford GT? And will lay waste to the Gen 1... How about that?

What if your hopes are smashed and brought back down to reality and the Raptor gets watered down? How about that?

TonyTee

Reaction score
What if your hopes are smashed and brought back down to reality and the Raptor gets watered down? How about that?

Going by what history has dictated at Ford...every specialty model has had an increase in horsepower.

Ford GT
SVT Mustang Cobra > GT500
Boss 302 > Mustang GT350
SVT Lightning > 2010 Raptor

I'm hoping this next Gen Raptor will follow suit which I believe wii.