So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh84

Reaction score
I want a fully loaded white Raptor with 37's and moon roof, what do you guys think it will cost sticker? 76k?

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with the thoughts around price.... may as well buy a TRX since price point is so close.
Also, I am still amazed that people think that their "trade value" or "market value" is "awesome" right now. That is just poor financial insight. Let's say you trade in at that high value. You will be buying something at MSRP (or more!)..... where is the deal in that? Remember, when the government prints money and gives it out for free, everything goes up in price.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I am still amazed that people think that their "trade value" or "market value" is "awesome" right now. That is just poor financial insight. Let's say you trade in at that high value. You will be buying something at MSRP (or more!)..... where is the deal in that? Remember, when the government prints money and gives it out for free, everything goes up in price.

Well said!!!!

OP
OP
T

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with the thoughts around price.... may as well buy a TRX since price point is so close.
And that still comes with crappy headlights on 66k truck. You gotta spend 71k to get the decent ones.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont know of many that think their Raptor was a positive returning investment but looking at the minimal depreciation compared to other vehicles one has owned, it's money one can realize that normally is not there on a vehicle trade/sale....and real bad inflation hasn't hit yet, it's coming though.

Webb24

Reaction score
I dont know of many that think their Raptor was a positive returning investment but looking at the minimal depreciation compared to other vehicles one has owned, it's money one can realize that normally is not there on a vehicle trade/sale....and real bad inflation hasn't hit yet, it's coming though.
I have been wondering what my truck might bring. I know I will get flamed for this but I have my $100 preorder for a Tesla cybertruck and im wondering if I am better off selling my Rap now while prices are kinda high and just drive my shitbox for a year or two or if I just want to keep my rap until I actually see Tesla making them. I got a '18 802a screw with 45k miles carbon fiber pkg, no moon roof. Picked it up in Jan of 2020 for 54k and felt like that was a decent deal at the time.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2020 for 72k that I paid $65900 to a dealer who sold it to another dealer that has it listed for $79,000. Finance companies are loaning up to 130% of the value due to the rise in prices. When this bubble blows it will be epic, but as long as they keep the money machine printing going it wont pop anytime soon.
Back in 2019 Dealers down south could not give away Raptors, I got hounded for months about the ones I inquired on.
I miss my truck but I feel like I made the right play, eventually you run out of stupid buyers. Once the Ford plants get back to 100% they will dump a ton of trucks on dealer lots and it will be back to big discounts.

I have been wondering what my truck might bring. I know I will get flamed for this but I have my $100 preorder for a Tesla cybertruck and im wondering if I am better off selling my Rap now while prices are kinda high and just drive my shitbox for a year or two or if I just want to keep my rap until I actually see Tesla making them. I got a '18 802a screw with 45k miles carbon fiber pkg, no moon roof. Picked it up in Jan of 2020 for 54k and felt like that was a decent deal at the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spc187