So it begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been wanting a Raptor for years . Last week I found a 2011 that had PCM issues . Guy had it diagnosed and they came to the conclusion it had a bad PCM . It threw every code pertaining to the conclusion. I got it to run long enough to know the motor was good so I made the purchase . After getting it into my shop and clearing the codes with Forscan the returning codes kept changing,Odd? Well it would kinda run cold then when warm it would die . Restart sometimes with a dead pedal , other times with idle surging from 500-2000 then die . I checked all grounds no change . So I decided to let it cool down as it would only run cold and start flexing the wire harness to see if I could find a break . Prior to this I checked all pins and connections . So I grab ahold of the harness under the PCM and get the crap shocked out of me !! I’m thinking why did that happen I’m 8” from the motor? Well the back plug wire had come off and was arcing into the main harness . I think to myself it can’t be this easy ! Well I replace that wire clear the codes and it starts up instantly. so I wait for the surging that never happens. It warms all the way up to 205 with no issues. Next I take it out on my property for a couple of mile rip , so far so good ! I’m looking forward to owning this truck .
It never works out to be something that easy!! That is awesome that it was just a plug wire. Congratulations on the well bought machine.

azwldcat13

Reaction score
Man, $10k for a clean titles Screw that only took a first degree burn and a bunch of sweat is awesome. This is the cheapest pickup of a Screw in that conditon that I have seen to date. Way to take a chance and win.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. Congrats on the new truck. I have no complaints about my Gen1. It was a great truck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter