So it begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steadfast

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting a Raptor for years . Last week I found a 2011 that had PCM issues . Guy had it diagnosed and they came to the conclusion it had a bad PCM . It threw every code pertaining to the conclusion. I got it to run long enough to know the motor was good so I made the purchase . After getting it into my shop and clearing the codes with Forscan the returning codes kept changing,Odd? Well it would kinda run cold then when warm it would die . Restart sometimes with a dead pedal , other times with idle surging from 500-2000 then die . I checked all grounds no change . So I decided to let it cool down as it would only run cold and start flexing the wire harness to see if I could find a break . Prior to this I checked all pins and connections . So I grab ahold of the harness under the PCM and get the crap shocked out of me !! I’m thinking why did that happen I’m 8” from the motor? Well the back plug wire had come off and was arcing into the main harness . I think to myself it can’t be this easy ! Well I replace that wire clear the codes and it starts up instantly. so I wait for the surging that never happens. It warms all the way up to 205 with no issues. Next I take it out on my property for a couple of mile rip , so far so good ! I’m looking forward to owning this truck .

Attachments

• IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
S

Steadfast

Reaction score
Come on share more details....how many miles. Owners??? Carfax???? Any mods????? Like under 20k for the truck? Under 25 k....26. 27. 28.
Clean car fax 2 owners over 200k not that it matters but I paid 10k . Came with extra OE shocks , stock wheels which I already put on it . And misc LED head lights . A Tuner from stage 5 I think ? And a bunch of there small stuff . Interior is orange and black and very clean ! Super excited about going down the rabbit hole with this one ! My 07 Saleen HD screw is done . So I will focus my attention on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 38