SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok.
We like the look.

Didn't know I lost my phone?

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

GPS Mount & $150 gift card from The Custom Truck Shop
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=800805

Hahaha. I know the pain.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Haha, I did my bed graphics and that was enough for me. I can't imagine dealing with contours and complex curves.

Looking good!!! Can't wait to see it done.

I guess you old call it a front half wrap. I'm a perfectionist so wrinkles drive me crazy!! I also having an issue with bonding at the door gaps. I know some had to do with the fresh fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
48d1e31acdb32d1dbb691e16bacf8af7.jpg

Started the blue light transformation. Half done, the hood mounts and light bar get turned blue tomorrow. Just for fun I put tint on one of my amber Whelen lights. Hoped for a funny green shade. Foiled by physics, amber led and blue tinted lense yields. .. amber light. Oh well at least the snow lighting is almost ready and Duratracs go on Monday.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used amber film from laminex on my white vision x light bar last year and it worked well. It did cut the lumens a little and some of the difference was a visual difference between white light vs amber light.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should finish up Dad's truck tomorrow.

Got 2x2 cubes mounted next to the front license plate, the rear amber housing finished and mounted, behind the grill 30" mounted. Just need to finish the top part of the behind the grill mount for the two 11" bars.

Amusingly, I found that a #10 gold shade in a welding helmet is just the right thing for looking at the lights when they're on to adjust them.

...which is the same one you'd use for mig/tig/arc welding.

D

Deleted member 12951

I noticed in the manual that the engine coolant has a freeze rate between -30F and -34F. Is that going to be an issue? If so, is there something to add to make it lower?

I ask because of the windshield washer fluid to be rated at -30F recommendation.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it will be an issue, we are not going to someplace like Yellowknife, CA. Biggest thing is those with older batteries should make sure they are good.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coolant will be fine. I doubt it will be -20 or colder during the trip.

The washer fluid is mostly because anyone who lives in the south probably just puts in washer fluid that freezes fairly easy, and far enough south you can't even buy cold weather stuff.

Semi amusing, Methanol is generally what is added to make the -20 and colder washer fluid not freeze. And a lot of people will run it in water/**** injection systems instead of buying methanol and blending it with water because washer fluid is readily available.

The first year I had just taken delivery of my truck in FL, and basically had to just empty the reservoir on my way north and finally found the below zero rated stuff in northern Kentucky. Which was good, because I then drove through an ice storm on my way through Ohio.

Last edited:

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real question is with the snow covered canopy does the XM sat signal drop out often on these trails? Need to know if I should be building a playlist of songs to plug into the truck.

I have never lost signal living up here or on these runs. Honestly mostly haven't used the radio much during the snoball because the communications are constant and important.

BigBlueBalls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been debating getting a bubba rope but I can't decide which one, the one rated for 28,600 lbs for $205 or the next size up which is 52,300 lbs for $325. Who has what? I know bigger is almost always better but 28,600 lbs is basically 4 raptors the way I see it.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been debating getting a bubba rope but I can't decide which one, the one rated for 28,600 lbs for $205 or the next size up which is 52,300 lbs for $325. Who has what? I know bigger is almost always better but 28,600 lbs is basically 4 raptors the way I see it.

I spoke with the guys at Bubba Rope, and they recommended the 28,600 for our vehicles and use. Having used it, the 30 foot was definitely better. I would have ordered their gator jaw, but it wasn't available then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forcefed23