SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is some good info you'd thing like a tire the more ply the better not so with recovery straps.
http://http://youtu.be/CGC7rjn7S0k

Actually that is not true. The more ply the better if the strap size is the same.
If you have a 4" strap a 3 ply is better than a 4" 2ply. Yes 4 ply has a lower rating per ply but its only a small drop so 3 x its rating is still much higher than 2 x's a 2 ply rating.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tinsel strength? Or ton weight? I'd agree the weight is higher with the more ply. But the all out snapping strength is more with a wider one ply.

If you don't watch the video, I should explain the wider one ply is stronger than narrower with more ply.

Dislexica is kicking my ass tonight.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tinsel strength? Or ton weight? I'd agree the weight is higher with the more ply. But the all out snapping strength is more with a wider one ply.

If you don't watch the video, I should explain the wider one ply is stronger than narrower with more ply.

Dislexica is kicking my ass tonight.

You are missing the point if 1 ply is say 20K lbs for a 8" and at 2 Ply each ply is rated at 18K lbs its total goes to 36K LBS. More plus for the same webbing is always better. But each ply you add requires more thread to stitch them together so each ply rating goes down slightly, but the % it goes down is way less than the 50% it would need to be to not have a higher strength than not adding a ply (Now at some point that might happen but I doubt you would find anyone looking for a 40 ply strap )