Smoked/painted head and tail lamps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m trying to figure out the best way to darken the lights on the truck. I had recon smoked lights on my previous Gen 2 but I’d rather keep the OEM ones and darken them up. Anybody knowledgeable in this? Better to use a film/tint or how does one go about painting lights? Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I’m trying to figure out the best way to darken the lights on the truck. I had recon smoked lights on my previous Gen 2 but I’d rather keep the OEM ones and darken them up. Anybody knowledgeable in this? Better to use a film/tint or how does one go about painting lights? Any info is helpful. Thanks!
Just get the Morimoto smoked tail lights for the rear. I’ve no clue about the headlights.Several forum vendors have them. Easy install and no worries of ruining the OEM lights.

Attachments

• 20230916_085106.jpeg
    20230916_085106.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 81

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Use tint on the tail lights (the spray-paint is hard to get an even coat). Dont mess with the headlight lenses.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ive never understood people that want lesson the light output on their vehicles...
Once again...

A friend of ours was involved in a rear end collision - in VA if it matters. Dude stopped fairly suddenly in front of her and she hit him. She swore she never saw his brake lights, so cop shows up, gets victim statement, gets her statement. Cop inspects the vehicle and he had tinted brake lights. Had the victim turn the car on, hit the brakes and they were barely visible. Boom. Driver cited for equipment violation, and charged with the collision.

You pays your money, you takes your chances.
Tinting brake lights is ... a word that rhymes with ‘Cupid’.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, The smoked Morimoto tail lights do not lessen the brightness of your tail, turn, brake and reverse lights. If anything, they enhance the brightness.
I second this. Have a set on my G3. They’re easily twice as bright as the stock tail lamps. Almost have to squint looking at them at night lol