Painted Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back from paint. My Raptor came with matching flairs from the factory, except the flairs and the short piece behind the wheels are matte finish. I damaged the flairs and the leading edge of the truck bed on both sides with rock chips. I had the bed sides, all four flairs and the pieces behind the wheels repainted with matching gloss paint.

When I first bought the truck, I installed Husky inner wheel well liners on the rears. They fit well, are easy to install and when I detail the truck, I spray them and the shocks with Pledge and wipe them down.

I just added the caliper covers yesterday and the front fender vent covers in carbon fiber. They're fake plastic but look nice and fit exceptionally well. My Raptor has the carbon fiber interior package. I'm waiting for the carbon fiber hood scoop (real carbon fiber) to arrive. I'm trying to reduce the amount of black plastic that has to be constantly cleaned.

20231207_092557.jpg20231207_092603.jpg20231207_092614.jpg

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I think the truck looses a lot of the details that make it look tough. This looks like a unlimited with all the matching

Froadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious where you got the carbon fiber side vents covers? I’ve seen similar ones on EBay. Also debating the CF hood vent.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious where you got the carbon fiber side vents covers? I’ve seen similar ones on EBay. Also debating the CF hood vent.
Both Amazon and Ebay had them. Amazon was about half the price. The OEM vents are slightly recessed into the body, so the CF overlays fit nicely and are still "inside" the sheet metal, so they won't snag. I cleaned the OEM vents with alcohol, removed the tape form the CF covers and then heated both the tape on the covers and the OEM vents with a heat gun. Once both were warm, I stuck them on and held pressure for a minute or so.

I got the hood scoop yesterday and installed it today. Not hard, just a bunch of things to remove. You need to pop off the hood heat shield and there are two exposed nuts and four hidden nuts (under rubber covers near the edge of the hood). The rear of the OEM unit is taped on with two sided tape. You start prying with a nylon pry bar and one edge near the wipers and work your way across the back to free the tape. As you do so, the 8 or so plastic clips will release. Transfer the clips and bolts over and reinstall.

The CF hood scoop is about $800.00, but a place called Extreme Online ion Hayward Ca. has them for $600.00. Very pricey but it sure looks nice and no more polishing the black plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter