Smoked/painted head and tail lamps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you are referencing the marker lights in grill and on fender flares. I’ve no experience with those. I just installed the Morimoto headlights for Gen 2 last weekend. I’ve not gotten a chance to drive with them after dark. But super happy to have amber DRL on my Gen 2. I believe you have a white Gen 3 like ours, the Morimoto tail lights look great with White and the truck would look menacing with full tint…. except I hate driving a vehicle with full tint. Given the level of technology built into the Gen 3 OEM headlights, I don’t expect the aftermarket to make anything better anytime soon. Their Gen 2 headlights are really an improvement and they look super cool. I think…
I’m starting to sound like a Morimoto spokesperson. I hope you are feeling better now.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
FYI, The smoked Morimoto tail lights do not lessen the brightness of your tail, turn, brake and reverse lights. If anything, they enhance the brightness.
I’d guess they’re using higher output lamps(?)

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d guess they’re using higher output lamps(?)
I guess they have better Light Emitting Diods( LED). Like I know what that means….
I agree tinting a reg light with bulbs is probably not very bright….
See what I did there…
The Morimotos only appear blacked out when the truck isn’t running. Just blends in better, especially on a white vehicle, than the red. Again… my opinion.

OP
OP
BlueTheRaptor

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
Just get the Morimoto smoked tail lights for the rear. I’ve no clue about the headlights.Several forum vendors have them. Easy install and no worries of ruining the OEM lights.
These look great! Probably the best bet.. I had recon lights on my Gen 2 but I see so many people paint them online (Akins Ford in GA, NJ truck king etc.) Was just curious what options there were for Gen 3’s. Thanks dude!

OP
OP
BlueTheRaptor

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
Once again...

A friend of ours was involved in a rear end collision - in VA if it matters. Dude stopped fairly suddenly in front of her and she hit him. She swore she never saw his brake lights, so cop shows up, gets victim statement, gets her statement. Cop inspects the vehicle and he had tinted brake lights. Had the victim turn the car on, hit the brakes and they were barely visible. Boom. Driver cited for equipment violation, and charged with the collision.

You pays your money, you takes your chances.
Tinting brake lights is ... a word that rhymes with ‘Cupid’.
You have a point. I didn’t really want to go the tint route. If anything would paint them
But to his point ^ the morimotos are probably best bet.

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cracked a tail light Saturday. Called the dealer and it was over $1400 for one. So...... I Googled. And came back to my favorite topic, tinting headlights and tail lights.

I think tinted headlights and tail lights are beyond moronic. That said, the Morimoto tail lights give a tinted look without diminishing DOT requirements. Sounds like they exceed DOT requirements.

Best part..... $700 for a pair. It's a bargain.